kdawg2a
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 1050 times

Re: Blondes

Post by kdawg2a »

Dano_NZ wrote:Thanks for the comments guys.

... And here's the err, Redheads/Sunbursts. I may have some of the dates wrong so forgive me.

2016 Gibson '58 Custom Shop Les Paul. Stock

2013 Tokai Jazz Bass Japanese with lacquer finish. Flatwounds. A little beat up from gigging when I was the bass player in the band, I'm a terrible bass player and gave me an appreciation for those of you that are actually bass players. Stock.

2005 Gibson Les Paul SG Junior (Batwing of course), dont love the look of these but man its easy to play and sounds great, chunky neck too. Stock

2014 Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335. Main gigging guitar when that was a thing. This guitar is outstanding and covers so many basses. I haven't even changed the strings on it in 2 years after I bought it. Stays in tune even with the Bigsby. Low action, light strings but I can play slide on it too. I'm afraid to mess with anything on it in case I disrupt its Mojo. Stock
Dibs on the Rich Rob es-335.
1935 Martin D-45, 1942 Gibson Southern Jumbo,1950 Fender Broadcaster, 1954 Fender Strat, 1958 Gibson Moderne prototype, 1959 Gibson Les Paul Standard.
1958 Fender twin, 1965 Vox AC30, 1966 Marshall JTM 45, 1977 Dumble OD Special.
Big black garbage bag full of original Klon Centaurs and TS808s.

Dano_NZ
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 196 times

Post by Dano_NZ »

Some more colour.

198? Ibanez Blazer. I had one just like this when I first started Uni and joined a band(s). I remembered it sounded awesome but at that stage I didn’t have much to compare it too. Had only played two real Fender Strats, one Tele. This one came up on FB and I couldn’t resist. It’s stock, a little beat up but does sound great, as good as the Blonde partscaster.

198? Tokai Stratocaster, neck was a bit twisted when I bought it so replaced with Allparts Fat, Nitro, Rosewood. And of course Lollar pickups. Needs a new volume pot but a bit of a wiggle and it comes right.

2014 Gretsch Anniversary. Had a pre-Fender of the exact model and didn’t gel with it. This is way more tuneful (if that’s even a word), lighter build etc etc. Replaced the pickups with TV Jones Setzer Signatures and replaced the tailpiece a new Bigsby.

Dano_NZ
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Dano_NZ »

Lastly the remaining acoustics + amp

1937 National Duolian, replaced tuners, everything else stock and rusty. Sounds fricken awesome as you’d expect, I don’t do it justice though.

1993 Maton EM-325C, purchased from Fretted Instruments in Fitzroy Melbourne when I was living there and has been with me ever since.

2017 Fender Custom Shop ‘57 Champ. I’d really love to do a gig with this but it may be a little too under-powered. Sounds awesome paired with the Fulltone TTE. Main gigging amp is a Carr Rambler that I’ve had for over 10 years and will never part with it. Perfect for my needs, clean takes, pedals well, easy to carry and loud when it needs to be.

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Wow. This thread certainly delivers, just when you think it’s done B A M! There’s more :-)

You are a man of fine taste

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Dare I ask... amps?

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2495 times
Been liked: 2804 times

Post by Molly »

Like that green Strat.

WellyBlues
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 355 times

Post by WellyBlues »

On the backplate on the Ibanez if it has a serial like K801234 that will tell you it was made in 1980, the first 2 digits, the K is the month, A=January, K=November, and the last 4 digits are the manufacturing number, in this example it would be the 1234th instrument made that month. There is a resource on the web that describes the numbering scheme and how it changes over time.

That one is probably an 81/82. The early Roadstars had a similar headstock though.
Slowy wrote: Ultimately though, guitars are like women. On paper there's not much difference but only a few can make you happy.
Ray Wylie Hubbard wrote: And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations Well, I have really good days

Dano_NZ
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Dano_NZ »

Thanks for the comments guys, fun taking some family snaps. I’ve spent a fair amount of time ogling others collections so I thought I’d return the favour.

Dano_NZ
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Dano_NZ »

WellyBlues wrote:On the backplate on the Ibanez if it has a serial like K801234 that will tell you it was made in 1980, the first 2 digits, the K is the month, A=January, K=November, and the last 4 digits are the manufacturing number, in this example it would be the 1234th instrument made that month. There is a resource on the web that describes the numbering scheme and how it changes over time.

That one is probably an 81/82. The early Roadstars had a similar headstock though.
Thanks I didn’t know that, I’ll check it out.

Dano_NZ
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Dano_NZ »

Molly wrote:Like that green Strat.
Thanks Molly, It’s faded lake placid blue.

Voxshall
Gibson
Has liked: 144 times
Been liked: 273 times

Post by Voxshall »

If you picked that Rich Robinson up at the k rd rockshop I remember playing that one.

bobiron
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 123 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by bobiron »

Wow that is some collection, very nice indeed.
OMM OM MM OMM MM

Dano_NZ
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Dano_NZ »

Voxshall wrote:If you picked that Rich Robinson up at the k rd rockshop I remember playing that one.
That is the one. Played it and thought wow, how the hell can I afford this? Did a quick telly in my head of the guitars I'd have to sell to get it as I was walking back to the car. Walked back in and put some money down to hold it. No regrets.

Dano_NZ
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Dano_NZ »

bobiron wrote:Wow that is some collection, very nice indeed.
Thank you sir.

WellyBlues
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 355 times

Post by WellyBlues »

Dano_NZ wrote:
WellyBlues wrote:On the backplate on the Ibanez if it has a serial like K801234 that will tell you it was made in 1980, the first 2 digits, the K is the month, A=January, K=November, and the last 4 digits are the manufacturing number, in this example it would be the 1234th instrument made that month. There is a resource on the web that describes the numbering scheme and how it changes over time.

Thanks I didn’t know that, I’ll check it out.
Here's a page that gives the story, also has serial number tracking for a number of other brands:

https://www.guitarinsite.nl/serienummers-ibanez_eng.php
Slowy wrote: Ultimately though, guitars are like women. On paper there's not much difference but only a few can make you happy.
Ray Wylie Hubbard wrote: And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations Well, I have really good days