Candeevr4
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 265 times

Re: Show us your pedalboard

Post by Candeevr4 »

Bg wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 4:59 pm has it got a soft case? :)
Why yes it does!

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1362 times
Been liked: 2100 times

Post by GrantB »

Bg wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 4:39 pm Oh and I clearly bought a pedal board that was about a third of the size of what I need. Again. I even bought a tiddly power supply, so now I'll have to buy a huge pedal board and transplant everything there and use this as a small pedalboard. Sigh.
I share this pain
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2268 times
Been liked: 3910 times

Post by Bg »

Candeevr4 wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 5:08 pm
Bg wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 4:59 pm has it got a soft case? :)
Why yes it does!
Awesome, can you PM me some pics and sizes but it sounds ideal :D
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2268 times
Been liked: 3910 times

Post by Bg »

GrantB wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 5:17 pm
Bg wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 4:39 pm Oh and I clearly bought a pedal board that was about a third of the size of what I need. Again. I even bought a tiddly power supply, so now I'll have to buy a huge pedal board and transplant everything there and use this as a small pedalboard. Sigh.
I share this pain
Did I mention wine was involved? along with the selection of the very puny power supply I just had to update...
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

k1w1
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 391 times

Post by k1w1 »

Here's my modest little board, I have other pedals but being a home player this does all I want

ImageIMG_2237 (2) by Laurie Franks, on Flickr

clubhouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 437 times
Been liked: 256 times

Post by clubhouse »

k1w1 wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:58 pm Here's my modest little board, I have other pedals but being a home player this does all I want

ImageIMG_2237 (2) by Laurie Franks, on Flickr
Nice! Dibs on the RV-7 :thumbup: I have one already but rate them so much it would be cool to have another on a different setting to flip between...lush

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1109 times
Been liked: 1425 times

Post by robthemac »

No I don't have a favourite pedal company, why do you ask?
Attachments
20230723_202604.jpg
20230723_202604.jpg (2.73 MiB) Viewed 3103 times
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

IMOCD
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 481 times
Been liked: 222 times

Post by IMOCD »

robthemac wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:26 pm No I don't have a favourite pedal company, why do you ask?
Tonight,I went to my office for a noodle and realised I'd left the lead that powers my board at band practice. Oh well, nothing to do except go straight into amp.
In doing so, it brought it home how much tone suck there is when all pedals are in series, rather than in parallel. So that got me thinking about parallel switchers. How have you got the es5 set up? Are the analogue pedals in the loops, with the digital FX in series or........

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by robthemac »

IMOCD wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:24 pm
robthemac wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:26 pm No I don't have a favourite pedal company, why do you ask?
Tonight,I went to my office for a noodle and realised I'd left the lead that powers my board at band practice. Oh well, nothing to do except go straight into amp.
In doing so, it brought it home how much tone suck there is when all pedals are in series, rather than in parallel. So that got me thinking about parallel switchers. How have you got the es5 set up? Are the analogue pedals in the loops, with the digital FX in series or........
Usually in the ES5 there is just my drive stages and Flint. The Iridium is just there tonight for photography purposes. The ES-5 output goes to Volante - Nightsky - MD-500 (tonight replaced with DIG) - RC-30 - amps.

Tone suck is a thing with long cable runs. Notably brighter signal running through the ES-5 with the pedals bypassed, compared to running a chain of true-bypass pedals in series.

But to be honest, a buffered bypass or two along the way gets you most of that sound back. I think the loop switcher is best for instantly switching multiple pedals without the need for tap-dancing.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 244 times
Been liked: 966 times

Post by Conway »

Boss ES switchers have input and output buffers - use them both. Not the cleanest buffers in the world but will help with treble retention. Or put a buffer or buffered pedal in front of the switcher.
GUITARS ROCK - www.guitarsrock.co.nz
TONE LOUNGE - www.tonelounge.co.nz

Voxshall
Gibson
Has liked: 144 times
Been liked: 273 times

Post by Voxshall »

I put this together today, got that mini board packed tight.

k1w1
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 391 times

Post by k1w1 »

clubhouse wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:20 pm
Nice! Dibs on the RV-7 :thumbup: I have one already but rate them so much it would be cool to have another on a different setting to flip between...lush
Noted but I have had it for about 10 years. Every so often I'll buy another reverb pedal thinking it will be the one. Only to go back to this. I still have a Hall of Fame mini around somewhere which again got swapped back, I keep it for my Princeton 5F2A clone.

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3494 times
Been liked: 1088 times

Post by codedog »

Voxshall wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 5:28 pm I put this together today, got that mini board packed tight.

Wow, very tasty board! So many pedals on there I'd love to try!

Marshmallow
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 196 times
Been liked: 924 times

Post by Marshmallow »

This is my new board. Literally just assembled it yesterday. Still needs a little cleaning up, but sound came through the first time lol I made a custom mount that hides the power supply under the Tri Avatar and AmbiSpace, I still have the Strymons, but since I don't use all the options I figured this would be more practical.

Still waiting for the other pedal.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by robthemac »

Marshmallow wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:37 am This is my new board. Literally just assembled it yesterday. Still needs a little cleaning up, but sound came through the first time lol I made a custom mount that hides the power supply under the Tri Avatar and AmbiSpace, I still have the Strymons, but since I don't use all the options I figured this would be more practical.

Still waiting for the other pedal.

Looks cool, man!

Thoughts on the AmbiSpace vs Strymon alternatives? You have the BigSky right?