Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 351 times
Been liked: 661 times

NPD Pepers Pedals Dirty Tree

Post by Danger Mouse »

I don't do these often, because I don't buy much stuff (I know I'm weird, but I prefer playing to purchasing).

This actually arrived on Saturday, but in a complete brain fart I couldn't get it to work. Was considering sending it back, but bought a decent power adapter to make sure it wasn't my little 9v battery adapter causing issues. Got the power adapter yesterday, went to plug it in and thought "oh wait... there's no input or output markings on the pedal... did I.....?".

Yes I did.

So it works and it is flecking awesome. My Greenstone of Doom is a bit flubby until it gets some decent winding of the master volume knob, at which point my neighbours start to think they've stumbled into Donnington Monsters of Rock and my hearing disappears, but this makes it tight, aggressive and very modern high gain.

I can see why Fluff loves it.
Attachments
20211208_082340.jpg
20211208_082340.jpg (3.7 MiB) Viewed 2953 times
Last edited by Danger Mouse on Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
The older I get, the more disappointed in myself I become.

JHorner
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 394 times
Been liked: 488 times

Re: NPD

Post by JHorner »

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Danger Mouse »

Ha, I'm on form today...

Yes would help to mention what the pedal is.

JoeBlow
Gibson
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 207 times

Post by JoeBlow »

Sounds like a good time to buy shares in that company.

My amp is known for it's tight low-end, but it sounds like it'd still be good to have.

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Danger Mouse »

JoeBlow wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:36 am Sounds like a good time to buy shares in that company.

My amp is known for it's tight low-end, but it sounds like it'd still be good to have.
Yep, they've been overwhelmed with orders, thanks to a few high profile reviews, I'm surprised I saw it this side of Xmas.

I don't think you will go wrong with it, it does more than just tighten up bottom end, the TC setting activates the tone controls and there's quite a bit of sonic variation available tweaking the settings. With my amp though, the DT setting is perfect.

NippleWrestler
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 1064 times

Re: NPD Pepers Pedals Dirty Tree

Post by NippleWrestler »

If you can't find one, look for the tc electronics integrated preamp. The dirty tree is the same pedal (dirty tree, tc, kinda rhymes) but with a switch to take out the tone stack.

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Danger Mouse »

NippleWrestler wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:14 am If you can't find one, look for the tc electronics integrated preamp. The dirty tree is the same pedal (dirty tree, tc, kinda rhymes) but with a switch to take out the tone stack.
33 and Dirty Tree rhyme better... it's a Fortin 33 in DT mode, a TC Electronics Integrated Preamp in TC (funnily enough) mode.

NippleWrestler
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 1064 times

Post by NippleWrestler »

Danger Mouse wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:23 am
NippleWrestler wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:14 am If you can't find one, look for the tc electronics integrated preamp. The dirty tree is the same pedal (dirty tree, tc, kinda rhymes) but with a switch to take out the tone stack.
33 and Dirty Tree rhyme better... it's a Fortin 33 in DT mode, a TC Electronics Integrated Preamp in TC (funnily enough) mode.
There we go, that's what it is. Thanks for setting that right. I'd forgotten what Tony said last time we spoke. The 33 is the TC clone without the tone stack. The DT is switching between the 33 which is cloning the TC. See?

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Danger Mouse »

NippleWrestler wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:26 am
Danger Mouse wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:23 am
There we go, that's what it is. Thanks for setting that right. I'd forgotten what Tony said last time we spoke. The 33 is the TC clone without the tone stack. The DT is switching between the 33 which is cloning the TC. See?
Yep exactly that, copy of a copy and the original. Would be interesting to put the three together and compare.

griff
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 247 times

Post by griff »

Uncle Ben Ellers fave boost too. Tried one for a bit, pretty awesome. I like the TC setting the best

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Anyone using one for more cleaner bluesy toans?
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 621 times

Post by StratMatt »

I really like the TC setting as an early chain tone sweetener. It's a nice push with a simple eq stack to add some nice body and sustain to clean tones. It's a win-win whether you play clean or high gain imo.
Loving it so far

Optical
Tokai
Tokai
Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 142 times

Post by Optical »

Yes agree, the TCIP is a winner for all genres.
Not only does it sound great, from an electronics perspective it's a very clever circuit using negative feedback for the parametric control. I doubt any of the cloners even understand how it works but there's nothing else out there like it to my knowledge

MogwaiBoy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 242 times

Post by MogwaiBoy »

Are the website prices in USD?

griff
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 247 times

Post by griff »

Yep works really good on cleans too. Adds sparkle and a hint of gain. Pretty transparent