Lets all drool over your stuff :)

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

thehenderson
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Re: Show us your whole setup....

Post by thehenderson »

badmotor wrote:Maybe you could tell the younger ones how they should be running their gear? People love that.
Good call mate. If my ten years experience playing in the house band at the Taranaki Tavern has taught me anything, it's that you should always turn your amp up really loud on stage. That way the ladies in the audience can learn all about the cut of your gib while you're showing the fellas how a real man rocks a stage. It all comes down to a fair dinkum rockin' attitude to be honest.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2269 times
Been liked: 3924 times

Post by Bg »

too true, while playing slide with a lion red bottle, through your jansen 75 all toob amp...
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

mitch.twentyfive
Ashton
Ashton

Post by mitch.twentyfive »

thehenderson wrote:I'm afraid my band isn't popular enough to have a soundguy on the payroll, so I'm at the mercy of whichever soundguy I have on the night. Most of the time it's DI'd, which is why I've got the VT amp sim pedal. I'm DI'ing a lot for recording too, or blending a mic with a DI. Just whatever works for the track.

Pretty sure that mic is a Shure SM7B. I like to call it The Kiedis cos the guy from RHCP apparently uses it on vocals. Also known as the Donkey Cock.
yeah, i got a Sansamp BDDI. great things. in a perfect situation all bass players could have cab mic'd blended with a d.i EVERY TIME :cry:
lol @ donkey cock

thehenderson
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by thehenderson »

BG wrote:too true, while playing slide with a lion red bottle, through your jansen 75 all toob amp...
Ha, if you were lucky mate. I was more likely to be spotted working the four string with both hands. You know, like a real a man. All valve goes without saying, these small modern amps just can't compete with raw all male power of a roaring valve amp.

thehenderson
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by thehenderson »

mitch.twentyfive wrote:
thehenderson wrote:I'm afraid my band isn't popular enough to have a soundguy on the payroll, so I'm at the mercy of whichever soundguy I have on the night. Most of the time it's DI'd, which is why I've got the VT amp sim pedal. I'm DI'ing a lot for recording too, or blending a mic with a DI. Just whatever works for the track.

Pretty sure that mic is a Shure SM7B. I like to call it The Kiedis cos the guy from RHCP apparently uses it on vocals. Also known as the Donkey Cock.
yeah, i got a Sansamp BDDI. great things. in a perfect situation all bass players could have cab mic'd blended with a d.i EVERY TIME :cry:
lol @ donkey cock
To be honest I don't mind how the sound guy makes it sound good, as long as he's pulling it off :thumbup:

mitch.twentyfive
Ashton
Ashton

Post by mitch.twentyfive »

fair enough, just love the sound of a good cab - n'am sayin.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7784 times
Been liked: 4210 times

Post by jeremyb »

thehenderson wrote: To be honest I don't mind how the sound guy makes it sound good, as long as he's pulling it off :thumbup:
:shock:
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

thehenderson
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by thehenderson »

jeremyb wrote:
thehenderson wrote: To be honest I don't mind how the sound guy makes it sound good, as long as he's pulling it off :thumbup:
Not a fan of the ol sound guy helpin' hand?

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by ash »

Last time JB saw a donkey cock on stage it wasn't the sound guy pulling it off.
http://ashcustomworks.com for custom built electric guitars hand made in new zealand

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7784 times
Been liked: 4210 times

Post by jeremyb »

Everyone loves a donkey show!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

badmotor
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by badmotor »

Was there a sleeping bag involved?
Hot_Grits wrote:Someone should print this thread out and hang it in an art gallery.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2269 times
Been liked: 3924 times

Post by Bg »

thehenderson wrote:
jeremyb wrote:
Not a fan of the ol sound guy helpin' hand?
not if he falls asleep half way through
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

badmotor
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by badmotor »

thehenderson wrote:
badmotor wrote:Maybe you could tell the younger ones how they should be running their gear? People love that.
Good call mate. If my ten years experience playing in the house band at the Taranaki Tavern has taught me anything, it's that you should always turn your amp up really loud on stage. That way the ladies in the audience can learn all about the cut of your gib while you're showing the fellas how a real man rocks a stage. It all comes down to a fair dinkum rockin' attitude to be honest.
With regard to the issue of content, the disjunctive perturbation of the spatial relationships brings within the realm of discourse the distinctive formal juxtapositions.
Hot_Grits wrote:Someone should print this thread out and hang it in an art gallery.

thehenderson
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by thehenderson »

I was going for rugged kiwi bloke rather than idiot - fair call though hehe

philipnz
PRS
PRS
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 37 times

Post by philipnz »

I quit my band almost 2 years ago and pretty much sold all my gear bar the PRS. Labour weekend I rejoined them to play a big gig and it went off so all enthused I've put together a rig to play with them in the future. I was using a Variax and HD500 (which are now on trade me) I do a little sequenced solo stuff and have now got a Boss ME25 for that (fantastic unit)

The gap is for a Boss AD3 Acoustic processor for the PRS Piezo pickup which heads direct to the PA

PRS Hollowbody 1 > Auto Wah > Tuner > Phaser > Chorus > Delay > Boost > Orange Rocker 30

Very happy with the sound :-)

I play keyboards on half the songs so this is very compact but packs a punch.
Attachments
gear.jpg
Never put down to malice what can adequately be explained by stupidity