Need Help - Buying my first Acoustic Electric

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

B45-12
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Re: Need Help - Buying my first Acoustic Electric

Post by B45-12 »

zdali wrote:
B45-12 wrote: Don't confuse her with open tunings (or at least tell her how to grab a minor chord too) :P Plenty of time for that yet... Oh and technically , you don't need the low D for that tuning. so you might as well take the string off :P
What - you want a MINOR chord in open tuning! utter shame on you - when will you learn this site is NOT a guitar information service - why I could charge heaps for such info!!!! As for taking the string off, while that is 'technically' possible it's also 'technically' possible to add another string - in fact I am so obessessed with the possiblities I have added another 7 strings to most of my instruments! and I insist on using a low D on them - otherwise I find you get warts, speak in tongues, are surrounded by Asians/other ethnically diverese persons plus the unoccupied machine head tends to rattle on the quiet passages.

So I urge you to abjure the ways of Satan, repent fully of this heresy and only then may HE gather you to his Bossom!!
You can't do THAT on stage!

zdali
Ashton
Ashton

Post by zdali »

B45-12 wrote:
zdali wrote:
B45-12 wrote: Don't confuse her with open tunings (or at least tell her how to grab a minor chord too) :P Plenty of time for that yet... Oh and technically , you don't need the low D for that tuning. so you might as well take the string off :P
What - you want a MINOR chord in open tuning! utter shame on you - when will you learn this site is NOT a guitar information service - why I could charge heaps for such info!!!! As for taking the string off, while that is 'technically' possible it's also 'technically' possible to add another string - in fact I am so obessessed with the possiblities I have added another 7 strings to most of my instruments! and I insist on using a low D on them - otherwise I find you get warts, speak in tongues, are surrounded by Asians/other ethnically diverese persons plus the unoccupied machine head tends to rattle on the quiet passages.

So I urge you to abjure the ways of Satan, repent fully of this heresy and only then may HE gather you to his Bossom!!
Worked for Keef...
CustomAudioBoutique wrote:and all "so I tied an onion to my belt; that was the style at the time" persons involved are cordially invited to shampoo my crotch.

B45-12
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by B45-12 »

Did it??? I reckon Keef is actually a myth and does not really exist - his parts being played by 'corporate guitars of America inc' while the physical represetnation is by Johnny Depp with lots of stage makeup.

Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 174 times
Been liked: 261 times

Post by Capt. Black »

B45-12 wrote: So I urge you to abjure the ways of Satan, repent fully of this heresy and only then may HE gather you to his Bossom!!

Steady on mate, she didn't say she was a leftie....

mr_sooty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 178 times

Post by mr_sooty »

bbrunskill wrote:
mr_sooty wrote: I only sold it because I stumbled accross a great deal on a very nice Cole Clark at Cash Converters.
That wasn't recently,was it? :lol:
Why yes, just yesterday, at Cash Converters in Auckland, just around the corner from wherever it is you live! Cost me $150!

(actually, it was nearly a year ago, and it cost me $600, still a 'steal' for a guitar that originally cost $1499. 8) )

thehenderson
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by thehenderson »

GET AN OVATION

Phildo
Resident Tyre Kicker

Post by Phildo »

zdali wrote:Worked for Keef...
B45-12 wrote:Did it??? I reckon Keef is actually a myth and does not really exist - his parts being played by 'corporate guitars of America inc' while the physical represetnation is by Johnny Depp with lots of stage makeup.
LOL

On the topic of Keef, apart from BOSS pedals and cockroaches, I reckon Keef would be the only other thing to survive a nuclear war. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I cannot brain today, I have the dumb.

LittleLass
Stagg
Stagg

Post by LittleLass »

Oh dear, what are you trying to do to me guys? Thanks for the heads up on that b chord, though, been driving me crazy.

Get an Ovation, never heard of em? I think I may be choosing the Cort so far because of the solid top and the price.

and no i am not a leftie. :)

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 647 times
Been liked: 815 times

Post by hamo »

LittleLass wrote:Oh dear, what are you trying to do to me guys?
Knowing these guys, it could be anything... :mrgreen:
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

Phildo
Resident Tyre Kicker

Post by Phildo »

hamo wrote:
LittleLass wrote:Oh dear, what are you trying to do to me guys?
Knowing these guys, it could be anything... :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Its just the inevitable thread de-railing. Happens all the time. :wink: :P :lol:
I cannot brain today, I have the dumb.

B45-12
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by B45-12 »

yeah but's lets face it if Keef does not exist (as I averr) then we would have to invent him! which neatly proves why Johnny Depp exists Q.E.D. as the Latin sickos would have said!

However getting back to the B chord there is an option that will keep both me and another happy and that is B5 - because it has only the 1st and the 5th of the scale it is neither major nor minor (hence no need for different fingerings) and will allow you to take all but 2 strings of the guitar leaving on only the 2nd and the 3rd - the third you will tune down to F sharp (or even G flat if you are feeling adventurous). Then provided you hook your guitar up to a large Marshall amp, don leather gear and sing in Gutteral German such light charming ditties as 'Wishing well, Paranoid and Back in Black' to delight and amaze your olds.,

On the other hand if you follow the Henderson's advice and get an Ovation, you need only don tight leather gear and sing in falsetto 'Oh tiptoe through the tulips etc'!

B45-12
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by B45-12 »

Capt. Black wrote:
B45-12 wrote: So I urge you to abjure the ways of Satan, repent fully of this heresy and only then may HE gather you to his Bossom!!

Steady on mate, she didn't say she was a leftie....
So zdall's a gender bender as well - it figures!!!!

LittleLass
Stagg
Stagg

Post by LittleLass »

:D Well, went out to purchase one or the other of those Yamaha or Cort models. The bloomin shop sold out, which in hindsight was a good thing.

My darling, very understanding and slightly crazy husband, decided a drive up to Christchurch and a visit to the Rockshop would be in order! (been wanting to mope about there for ages).

So off we went......

What a great bunch of guys work in that place, havent had as much fun in ages, i was like a kid in a sweet shop. A couple of hours later i didn't buy either the Cort or the Yamaha but ended up coming home with a Takamine EG440SC - A M A Z I N G sound. Cost a bit more but its sooooo worth it. Very very happy with it wearing the tips of my fingers off playing it, can't put it down (well apart from to reply to my blog).

Now I definately know the sound difference between a solid top and a lamainted one allright! :mrgreen:

Hope Y'all approve!

B45-12
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by B45-12 »

Yep Rog, Capt, Henderson, Rockislander, Zadl and my five imaginary friends ALL approve - enjoy!!! :lol:

Kristie
Token Rock Chick!

Post by Kristie »

I approve. I also may be one of B45's imaginary friends.... :lol: