Hello Kitty models... for a Gift

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Tonemaker
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Hello Kitty models... for a Gift

Post by Tonemaker »

Is their both a Squire and a mini Squire Hello Kitty model or is their just one. I thought there was only one but all of a sudden I see the price is much different then when I checked last year....Does anyone here have one, how is it? Im looking to get one as a gift...
I had a dream last night, that everything I have got replaced with an exact replica.... (Steven Wright)

Tonemaker
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Re: Hello Kitty models... for a Gift

Post by Tonemaker »

Ok I think I found it, looks like there is 2 models...weird, some say it sounds awesome, on both models and some say it is terrible...so still looking for info on that...
I had a dream last night, that everything I have got replaced with an exact replica.... (Steven Wright)

r4nd0m
Ashton
Ashton

Post by r4nd0m »

There is a Black and a Pink one if thats what you mean. Weirs has a Black one, and there is a Squier Vintage Strat next to that that was begging me to take it home :) Pink one is cool (if I was a girl).

Tonemaker
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Tonemaker »

To me it looks like there is a 3/4 strat squire model, and the mini model that I dont think I have seen in person, the 3/4 has one pickup, the mini has 3 singles...The reviews of the mini 3 pickup model on HC are pretty good..

TMG 03
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by TMG 03 »

I have a mini. :oops: Its a great little guitar for my daugther.

r4nd0m
Ashton
Ashton

Post by r4nd0m »

Tonemaker wrote:To me it looks like there is a 3/4 strat squire model, and the mini model that I dont think I have seen in person, the 3/4 has one pickup, the mini has 3 singles...The reviews of the mini 3 pickup model on HC are pretty good..
Hmmm, I thought all the models are here -> http://www.fenderhellokitty.com/gear.html

I haven't seen anything other than those models. They are full size guitars AFAIK.

r4nd0m
Ashton
Ashton

Post by r4nd0m »

Tonemaker
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Tonemaker »

Yeah I think I will start with the Mini, rekon after she gets past that she'll want a wolfgang....no dout.....I can see some of my bad habits are going to come back to haunt me in the future..... 8)

sty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 208 times
Been liked: 264 times

Post by sty »

Tonemaker wrote:Yeah I think I will start with the Mini, rekon after she gets past that she'll want a wolfgang....no dout.....I can see some of my bad habits are going to come back to haunt me in the future..... 8)
I imported a Squire Mini, Black, from the US off ebay earlier this year for my 5 year old to start learning on, whilst investigating I discovered that they also made it in the pink Hello kitty (three pickups mini version as shown above) but I couldn't find any for sensible prices so in the end opted for plain black as it was a starter guitar. (I ended up with two as a second came up at the same time and it was too good to pass on).

My girl likes it when she is motivated to play and now when we go into any guitar shop or watch a band on TV any black and white strat is "the same as hers"

The mini is a proper downsized guitar with narrower neck an smaller proportioned body so suits my girl as she is small, whereas other 3/4 guitars had shorter necks but they were normal widths.

I wouldn't rave about the quality unless you remember that this is an entry level guitar. The neck is nice, it's untreated or matt finished and feels nice, finger board feels oK to me, body is slim and while the two I have are 2nd hand and have a couple of minor scratches the finish isn't bad (but it's a laminate body underneath if that bothers you).

If my girl gets on with this I'll make sure her next guitar when she goes for a normal size model is a much better instrument but for getting started this is excellent.

From what I could tell the Hello Kitty one is identical just a different colour and with the logos on it.