Where shall I put those straploks...

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Where should I shove my straplocks?

$5k LP
50%
$2k Bass
No votes
$400 Strat
8%
Up my arse
42%

Total votes: 12

angry_young_poet
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 14 times

Post by angry_young_poet »

bluesgeek wrote:lol, yeah LP's need to be worn in. Nothing quite like an old goldtop with the gold rubbed off through wear and tear. I'm currently distressing my LP, and I reckon it should be finished in about 30 years ;)

How are you planning on distressing it? I saw something a few months back - it was a distressing master class by someone from the fender custom shop, and he was using bunches of keys and all sorts - nuts and bolts etc.... wish I'd saved the link now!
give your goldtop to me.. i'll have it back worn and used by the weekend :P

TMG 03
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by TMG 03 »

bluesgeek wrote:lol, yeah LP's need to be worn in. Nothing quite like an old goldtop with the gold rubbed off through wear and tear. I'm currently distressing my LP, and I reckon it should be finished in about 30 years ;)

Nothing like a new goldtop to wear in :wink: It takes years for them to start checking,

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1388 times
Been liked: 2132 times

Post by GrantB »

Or some liqued nitro...im maybe 20 seconds...or the freezer for like 3 weeks...with Gibbo's got to cut off the neck tho - bugger
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2276 times
Been liked: 3991 times

Post by Bg »

nah, I'll just let it wear naturally ;) Though it may see a bit of sun this summer :D
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

B45-12
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by B45-12 »

You want to distress the LP severely - buy two Samicks and put it between them! LOL

Re the straplock thingy - buy another set of el cheapo ones for the strat and put them on all 3 gats - or perform only on an extemly large mattress!
You can't do THAT on stage!

Champers
Stagg
Stagg

Post by Champers »

gotta be the lp dosnt it? sure distressed guitars can look the part but cracks below the headstock and structural damage just isnt for me.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2276 times
Been liked: 3991 times

Post by Bg »

yeah I thought so too ;) though I should have got nickel and not chrome :eek: to go with the rest of the hardware... bugger, guess I'm buying a nickel set now - have to wait the 3 weeks or so for them to come in again....
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.