You get what you pay for.

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Bg
Site Admin
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2276 times
Been liked: 3991 times

Post by Bg »

remind me again about the memory limitations of an old XT, and the comparitive complexity of todays 'modern' operating systems.

I started with Pascal and Cobol, and am still using Pascal (Borland Delphi) as much as I can, as its a proper language unlike that piece of microsoft junk 'visual basic'.

I used to program Cobol on a Vax/Vms system, oh the good old days.... NOT...
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by Rog »

Will you quit being practical, BG - we're doing fossilising here, d'ya mind? :-)
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2276 times
Been liked: 3991 times

Post by Bg »

ah ok... I started out with a Vic 20 with a whopping big 4k of memory :) I upgraded to a C16 then finally a C64 whooooop!!!!
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Richy11
If your 555, then I'm 666

Post by Richy11 »

B45-12 wrote:OOOOPs before doing any of the above - try several different amp cords FIRST as the fault can easily be in them!!!
It ain't that cause my other axe works fine.

B45-12
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by B45-12 »

Richy11 wrote:
B45-12 wrote:OOOOPs before doing any of the above - try several different amp cords FIRST as the fault can easily be in them!!!
It ain't that cause my other axe works fine.
Probably OK then but I'd still try another cord first as you know those 'fine tolerances' they makes the plugs etc to - well my experience is they aint that fine. Variations up to 0.5 mm in the plug diameter and 1mm or so in the plug length is not that uncommon (I measured 50 one day with a feeler vernier guage 'just for jollys' and that was what I found). Probably this is OK for most sockets, but if your socket in the guitar is pushing the tolerances too then the plug will be loose which will mean cutouts/hign resisitance etc.
You can't do THAT on stage!