AMERICAN STANDARD TELECASTER OR STRATOCASTER?

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

ZOMBIE EATER
Stagg
Stagg
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Re: AMERICAN STANDARD TELECASTER OR STRATOCASTER?

Post by ZOMBIE EATER »

I know its really hard to get past the want of the right sticker on a guitar. But it would be worth your while checking out that Radian.

Michael
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by Michael »

Am I wrong in thinking that's a HB in the bridge and a P90 in the neck? If so, that's not really a Strat/Tele sound is it...? I have no doubt it my mind that it would be a fantastic guitar, but if he's wanting a Strat/Tele, it may not be the best option for him..

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by ash »

Khann wrote:Am I wrong in thinking that's a HB in the bridge and a P90 in the neck? If so, that's not really a Strat/Tele sound is it...? I have no doubt it my mind that it would be a fantastic guitar, but if he's wanting a Strat/Tele, it may not be the best option for him..
Yes, you are wrong. And right. It's a Mini HB in the neck position, not a P90. Although it will get a P90 very soon as I put the mini in another guitar. On the right side of the equation, it doesn't sound particularly tele or strat. But it s lefty, it is available to try and it will do all manner of blues-worthy sounds and noises.
http://ashcustomworks.com for custom built electric guitars hand made in new zealand

ZOMBIE EATER
Stagg
Stagg

Post by ZOMBIE EATER »

Khann wrote:Am I wrong in thinking that's a HB in the bridge and a P90 in the neck? If so, that's not really a Strat/Tele sound is it...? I have no doubt it my mind that it would be a fantastic guitar, but if he's wanting a Strat/Tele, it may not be the best option for him..
Good point.
Still worth having a look though. If pickups were the deal breaker Im sure something could be sussed out.
But if anything like me, If I wanted a fender its a fender I would get. Just nice to know there are high quality NZ made options out there.

Michael
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by Michael »

Yeah I'm sure if he tried it, and liked how it looked (love how it looks) and wasn't fussed about the brand he would probably end up buying it.

I'm a bit of a brand snob myself.. my Strat had to be a Fender. Couldn't afford a USA so got a Jap one.. more than happy. When I get a Tele I'm going to open my options up a bit more.. probably end up being an Agile, or if my budget is a bit higher, a Radian.

TrooperHarley
Stagg
Stagg

Post by TrooperHarley »

I tried a few guitars, and have today ordered an American Standard Strat from Rockshop, along with a Blackstar HT5 5W combo amp. Thanks for all the good advice. Now I just have to be patient and wait for it to arrive!! :D :D
Last edited by TrooperHarley on Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Benrocky
Gibson

Post by Benrocky »

TrooperHarley wrote:I tried a few guitars, and have today ordered an American Standard Strat from Rockshop, along with a Blackstar HT5 5W combo amp. Thanks for all the good advice. Now I just have to be patient and wait for it to arrive!!
That my friend is a very good sounding and quality piece of kit 8)
RuBear wrote:
You mean that it's ME that's responsible for you coming here? I'm feel sincerely guilty for putting the rest of you sods through the experience that is Benrocky.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/69250680@N07/

Willowellow
Stagg
Stagg

Post by Willowellow »

tele mate..

but you should really try both, feel and sound are from ones self.
Poetry is the journal of the sea animal living on land, wanting to fly in the air. Poetry is a search for syllables to shoot at the barriers of the unknown and the unknowable. Poetry is a phantom script telling how rainbows are made and why they go away.