How many Fender owners here

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

B45-12
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Post by B45-12 »

The Crockshop in Wellington usually has a fair number of Fenders about - is that true for Auckland, Christchurch, Dundein etc - and for the deeply inbred, redneck cities of Gore and Palmerson North (sorry Rog - could not resist yanking the chain).

Musicworks don't, I understand deal with Fender but weird little places such as Alistairs Music can get them.
You can't do THAT on stage!

Post by 1964 »

> "What are you a drummer ?"

Used to be! Why?

Post by 1964 »

> "Musicworks don't, I understand deal with Fender but weird little places such as Alistairs Music can get them."

My understanding is that DI won't supply the stores owned by MusicWorks, but will supply the independent MW stockists.

MW Greenlane is one of the company-owned stores.

foal30
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 608 times
Been liked: 946 times

Post by foal30 »

I'm not quite sure of the ghist of your post Henderson, but no I am not implying anything re: sound quailty of the forementioned brands, just a refelection on what people are gigging with.

Post by 1964 »

B45-12 wrote:Yay 3 American Strats of various vintages - but now sold (prices were too good to resist), 2 Mexican strats, 2 squiers (Chinese strat and tele), 73 Twin Reverb and the recent Hot rod Deluxe with tweed version supposedly on the way from the good ol US of A - if my good ol Americn 'buddy' has not decided to snafaroo it!!

Oh and an accoustosonic 30 amp

But I really prefer Gibson!
What's the Gibson/Epi line-up then?

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2276 times
Been liked: 3990 times

Post by Bg »

1964 wrote:
bluesgeek wrote:I don't think I've seen a Fender bass in the Greenlane MW for about 6 months :(
MusicWorks still only sell used (and the odd parallel imported) Fenders though, don't they? …Still hadn’t made up with DI last time I cared to be interested.
yes but the fender geek at green lane always made sure there were a couple of good used basses. They had 3 strats in there last time I looked but overpriced for 2nd hand...
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Post by 1964 »

bluesgeek wrote:
1964 wrote:
bluesgeek wrote:I don't think I've seen a Fender bass in the Greenlane MW for about 6 months :(
MusicWorks still only sell used (and the odd parallel imported) Fenders though, don't they? …Still hadn’t made up with DI last time I cared to be interested.
yes but the fender geek at green lane always made sure there were a couple of good used basses. They had 3 strats in there last time I looked but overpriced for 2nd hand...
Is there a "Fender geek" at Greenlane?

Since Richard and Marty left, I find Greenlane a very different place, and rarely go there anymore. Never did find much to tempt Fender-wise since the bust-up with DI, and every used Fender product I’ve seen bar one was incorrectly described. IMO, Marty was a big loss to the bass department.

B45-12
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by B45-12 »

[quote But I really prefer Gibson![/quote]

What's the Gibson/Epi line-up then?[/quote]

Gibson = SG Custom, L6S, LP Custom, LP Recording, ES335, Firebird, B45-12, C0, J45.

Epi = Joe Pass Jazz, Firebird.

Photos on Gallery, except for Gibson Firebird, Epi Jazz.
You can't do THAT on stage!

Post by 1964 »

...Thanks.

I certainly wouldn't say no to an early L6S !

TMG 03
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by TMG 03 »

I just get my gear of the net. it cuts out all the crap you get with in shops here.

Still keen to get one of those 50th strats. I see them on ebay now at good prices.

Post by 1964 »

> "I just get my gear of the net. it cuts out all the crap you get with in shops here."

I buy most of my gear on-line these days.

> Still keen to get one of those 50th strats."

Even though I have one of the new Deluxes, I wouldn't say no to a 50th anni ver as well.

raz
Hagstrom

Post by raz »

I've got:

87 Strat Plus - very beaten but very nice
Fender guitar tuner
Fender guitar stand

and the piece de resistance
A fender wall mounted bottle opener. Seriously thinking about putting it on the strat.

raz

stark
Squier

Post by stark »

that would be kinda cool 8)

me: '88 Am Atd Strat, '99 CVR, and a '55 Tremolux.

i went to Greenlane for the first time in years over the xmas break - not-even-slinkys are $2 cheaper than at the RS :D . and they actually had some in stock.

also, when i needed a case for an old archtop, greenlane was the only shop in AK that had one big enough.

GoWest bettered them by by $200 on the CVR though.
this one's special, this is the ultimate, after this i'll never need another amp, EVER...Image
starkAM

scottpalmy
Stagg
Stagg

Post by scottpalmy »

Jap Stratocaster
Hot Rod Deluxe amp

Yoda
US of Fackin' A Fender

Post by Yoda »

I currently have:

2 Fender amps
S/F Vibrolux Reverb
Blues Junior

3 Fender guitars.
2 Am Del HSS Strats
1 Am Del Tele

1 Fender Bass
Victor Bailey Jazz

When you have to choose between two evils, pick the one you never tried before.