The Gibson Les Paul Model thread

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1663 times
Been liked: 1314 times

Re: The Gibson Les Paul Model thread

Post by Jay »

Bitbull wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:21 pm This is my new lady.

Gibson les Paul Custom 1998 Historic.

Sounds and sings amazing!!!
Beauty, put some gold pickup covers on for more beauty :wink:
When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.

Cdog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3556 times
Been liked: 728 times

Post by Cdog »

Congrats... That looks great!
Last edited by Cdog on Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

Reg18
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 322 times
Been liked: 959 times

Post by Reg18 »

Watching the Foo Fighters tonight there were a few nice LPs being swapped in for both Pat Smear and Chris Shiflet at times, gave me hope rock isn’t on the way out and the classic LP into a stack is still as stronger statement as ever.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2503 times
Been liked: 2821 times

Post by Molly »

Reg18 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:03 pm Watching the Foo Fighters tonight there were a few nice LPs being swapped in for both Pat Smear and Chris Shiflet at times, gave me hope rock isn’t on the way out and the classic LP into a stack is still as stronger statement as ever.
Coffee with my daughter in a cafe this morning. She started showing me pics arriving from her friend at the gig. Makes her miss her friends all the more.

Did DG say anything about that free Christchurch gig he promised a few years ago?

Dharmajester
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 279 times
Been liked: 384 times

Post by Dharmajester »

20240122_102533.jpeg
20240122_102533.jpeg (1.28 MiB) Viewed 1132 times
As you can see, my taste in Lp's is less exotic than my choice of soft furnishing.
“The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench - a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
Hunter S. Thompson

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1388 times
Been liked: 2132 times

Post by GrantB »

Dharmajester wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:45 pm 20240122_102533.jpeg

As you can see, my taste in Lp's is less exotic than my choice of soft furnishing.
You need more P90's in your life.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1388 times
Been liked: 2132 times

Post by GrantB »

Molly wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:25 am
Reg18 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:03 pm Watching the Foo Fighters tonight there were a few nice LPs being swapped in for both Pat Smear and Chris Shiflet at times, gave me hope rock isn’t on the way out and the classic LP into a stack is still as stronger statement as ever.
Coffee with my daughter in a cafe this morning. She started showing me pics arriving from her friend at the gig. Makes her miss her friends all the more.

Did DG say anything about that free Christchurch gig he promised a few years ago?
I flicked him a text but he hasn't got back to me....
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

StrummersOfThunder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 862 times
Been liked: 1396 times

Post by StrummersOfThunder »

Jay wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:47 pm

How is your forum name not Goldmember? :crazy: ….
Schmoke and a pancake ?

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2276 times
Been liked: 3991 times

Post by Bg »

StrummersOfThunder wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:43 pm
Jay wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:47 pm

How is your forum name not Goldmember? :crazy: ….
Schmoke and a pancake ?
That can be arranged... oh, dats a keeper.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

goldtop0
Tokai
Tokai
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 116 times

Post by goldtop0 »

Don't take lots of pics, here's my '13 R6 and '13 R8, plus a rebel 335, real good geetars.

https://i.imgur.com/hncmihG.jpg
Doin' that scrapyard thing.

NippleWrestler
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 1086 times

Post by NippleWrestler »

Well, Dave is 55 and Pat is 64.

I haven't seen many (if any) players under 30 playing Gibsons into Marshalls these past few years. Maybe it doesn't hold the appeal it once did.

Reg18
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Reg18 »

NippleWrestler wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:11 am

I haven't seen many (if any) players under 30 playing Gibsons into Marshalls these past few years. Maybe it doesn't hold the appeal it once did.
That’s the thing, it wasn’t just over 40s at the concert. Heaps of teens and even my 11 year old son (who hadn’t even heard of the Foo fighters) loved the concert. I’m quietly hoping there is still hope for another generation that will enjoy Rock! Weather they play LPs or they will still be considered “dad guitars” I’m
Unsure but either way I’ve got my fingers crossed it’s not dead yet!

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1030 times
Been liked: 2519 times

Post by Slowy »

Reg18 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:33 am

That’s the thing, it wasn’t just over 40s at the concert. Heaps of teens and even my 11 year old son (who hadn’t even heard of the Foo fighters) loved the concert. I’m quietly hoping there is still hope for another generation that will enjoy Rock! Weather they play LPs or they will still be considered “dad guitars” I’m
I hope they fall completely out of fashion to the point of becoming an embarrassment.
Collector's heaven! :D
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Reg18
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Reg18 »

Slowy wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:13 am
Reg18 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:33 am

I hope they fall completely out of fashion to the point of becoming an embarrassment.
Collector's heaven! :D
We might have already reached that place but I’m
Not prepared to face that reality just yet. I guess the fact Gibson just realised some PAFs with a price tag of $999 USD they aren’t exactly aiming for the younger generation?

Reg18
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Reg18 »

Over 15 years ago when I was playing in a hardcore type band I used a LP but it was already unpopular then in that scene, I loved it and didn’t really care but most had moved on to ESPs, Jackson’s, or more obscure brands in that genre. Probably by early 2000s it was already Les popular and was getting a “dad guitar” label, but on my social feeds now im seeing a lot more young bands coming through who seem to be back into the classic Gibson and stack thing, it’s weird I’m now old enough now for what appears to be next wave of not only 90s grunge/rock but now I’m
Seeing next wave Emo/screamo 2000s back in vogue.