check out these babies...

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

MaloS
Stagg
Stagg
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

check out these babies...

Post by MaloS »

http://www.kbguitars.com/

i think that is the best craftsmanship on an electric guitar/bass in the world.

Richy11
If your 555, then I'm 666

Post by Richy11 »

Those are some pretty guitars.

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by Rog »

Interesting, mate - but far from being to my tastes. I appreciate the workmanship, but that's about all.
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...

MaloS
Stagg
Stagg

Post by MaloS »

:?

yah...i have a certain liking to one specific guitar there.
http://www.kbguitars.com/austin/austin.html
something about its shape and how comfortable it seems to play appeals to me besides the fact that its 7 strings (i have a preference to the sound range of 7 strings)

Rog

Post by Rog »

I have a strong aversion to woodgrain finishes on electric guitars and could picture that in a nice bright purple, maybe, or a rich red ...

However, I do like the position he's placed the jack socket in - excellent idea, as I always loop my lead through my strap and in that case it'd just slot nicely into the socket. Shows he's thinking about new solutions.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2276 times
Been liked: 3991 times

Post by Bg »

its about time someone came up with some sort of clip that does the job without looping the lead through the strap... hmmm time to get my design head on.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Rog

Post by Rog »

BG - it can be easily done using a circular metal clip, such as that on your key-ring. Just a couple of small holes in one's strap and slide it in - the guitar lead now slips through it...

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2276 times
Been liked: 3991 times

Post by Bg »

how about one of those dog lead clips which has kind of a springy bit so you can just push your guitar cable into it :)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Rog

Post by Rog »

Yes, I've seen that also.

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by ash »

I really like Ken Bebensee's work. He has the nads to try fruity stuff and is talented enough to get away with it. I have a couple of high end designs inspired by his ideas. Mostly he is using techniques fairly common in bass guitars, where the market is far more open to new and unusual concepts.

There are already locking jack plugs available too. Ibanez BTB basses have them as standard. They're a fair bit pricer than a normal jack though...
http://ashcustomworks.com for custom built electric guitars hand made in new zealand

MaloS
Stagg
Stagg

Post by MaloS »

DrRog, to ur appealement, ken will put on a custom finish for u, you can ask for clear purple, or clear red, or something that is opaque, all to your tastes :)

i myself like the wood finish, and the shape of the body/neck. body just go perfect for the arm of either, a pick guitarist or finger guitarist (general problem i usually have when trying to pick up a strat is how my hand goes on top of it - edges kinda too sharp). neck is very slightly curved , only for keen eyes to notice, but your hand will feel pleasure the first time you put a bar on (at least i have preference to slight curvature)

goldtop0
Tokai
Tokai
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 116 times

Post by goldtop0 »

You certainly get a very individual looking gat with that guy.What's the average $$?
Doin' that scrapyard thing.

MaloS
Stagg
Stagg

Post by MaloS »

3000 more or less minimum. 4000 if you go deep into the extra things (like different hardware, colored finishes, some expensive woods...)

ps: that is in US dollars. prolly have to add a delivery cost when getting to nz.