Priceless Guitar.

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

TMG 03
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Priceless Guitar.

Post by TMG 03 »

gregtarr
I am Marshall, hear me roar!

Post by gregtarr »

"I told you, pedals sound twice as good when they're stacked on top of other pedals" - Mike Einziger

TMG 03
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by TMG 03 »

Cheers for that :wink:

MaloS
Stagg
Stagg

Post by MaloS »

oh my god...don't don't nooooooooooooooooooooo!

man...i will never be able to break a guitar...not matter how much it sucks, it is a guitar, and a guitar is my god.

angry_young_poet
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 14 times

Post by angry_young_poet »

notice that it was a fender... ;)

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2276 times
Been liked: 3991 times

Post by Bg »

sure it wasn't a Gibson copy of a fender?
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

TMG 03
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by TMG 03 »

Or A guitar by PRS that is simimlar to a Fender but different in the measurements to not be the same yet designed to fill a gap in the fender market and whom Leo was asked to sign but was busy at the time so it really is a new guitar on the market for someone who things it is a better quality product than the current market standard for the past 50 years :?

And as the switches are is a different position it really should be made and sold along the current icon

Sounds like We might be onto something here.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2276 times
Been liked: 3991 times

Post by Bg »

if its fender shaped though it doesn't matter as there is no registered trademark or patent associated with it.....
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

TMG 03
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by TMG 03 »

Well I chose to let my spending do the talking. :wink:

Red Fred
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Red Fred »

Notice how Slash was on the commercial? He's quite token, he is on Cypruss Hill's latest video too.... 8)

angry_young_poet
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 14 times

Post by angry_young_poet »

well it was a $400 strat-type guitar... :P

could it be??? a samick??

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by Rog »

$400 for a Samick????

Surely there's no-one quite as gullible as that out there.... boy have I got a deal for them.....
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...

Yoda
US of Fackin' A Fender

Post by Yoda »

TMG,
Concerning your paraphrased (condescending?) quotation of my comments:

Is this what you Kiwis call taking the piss out of one another? I am asking because I never heard that saying before coming here. I would like to understand what is accaptable behavior here and this saying keeps coming up as being normal.

When you have to choose between two evils, pick the one you never tried before.

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by Rog »

Taking the piss (extracting the urine) is a delicate matter indeed and one which is fraught with danger when using the written word, since any post is wide open to interpretation and often fails to communicate the good natured banter as intended.

For instance - if I was to write "shit, you're a wanker, Yoda" - you would have no problem with thinking that I was insulting you. But if I said it to your face and we were just joking around, you'd know right away that I was just taking the piss and that I wouldn't expect you to take offence and would in fact be expecting you to say something like "it takes one to know one, Rog". See - both were insults (taking the piss), but delivered in a good natured/banter manner, between friends.

You see - in that case - I wasn't intending to be insulting, and being spoken to like that is in fact almost a mark of respect - since I wouldn't say that to anyone's face unless I felt confortable enough with them to treat them as a friend. However - if I was to say "Yoda is a wanker" behind your back - that'd be insulting - end of story.

I know its a fine line to tread, and using smiley faces, LOL etc helps to tell people that you're just taking the piss instead of meaning to insult them. Of course, posts still can be taken the wrong way and that's the time to explain - ooops, sorry mate - I was just poking fun - didn't mean to upset you - OK?

Take a look at the way BG takes the piss out of me, my preference for Fenders and BMWs etc. I know he's just playing silly buggers and I react accordingly, because although he's posting it for all to see, it's basically to my face, in fun. So I don't take offence and respond accordingly. If I didn't know that, I could easily take offence, as he could with some of my posts.

I think the best trick is to act as if someone is just taking the piss and give them the benefit of the doubt. If it gets to the point where you're really not sure - drop them a PM and work it through.

In my opinion, the worst thing to do is to get upset and post on the forum for everyone to see. We've all done that and its not particularly helpful for anyone.
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...

TMG 03
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by TMG 03 »

Yoda wrote:TMG,
Concerning your paraphrased (condescending?) quotation of my comments:

Is this what you Kiwis call taking the piss out of one another? I am asking because I never heard that saying before coming here. I would like to understand what is accaptable behavior here and this saying keeps coming up as being normal.

Yip Taking the Piss, Taking the micky. It is all in jest, nothing nasty. We like to give others here a serve or a tune up. You need to have a thick skin down here mate other wise the bloody dingos will get you baby. :wink: