The EndurNeck

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

synchromesh
Stagg
Stagg
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 9 times

Re: The EndurNeck

Post by synchromesh »

Epilogue (since people wanted to know how it all went):

Ola's business took off before he had a chance to make my neck (or at least before I could save up the eye-watering cost), so that didn't happen.

Later I bought a "maker's licence" to build my own EndurNeck, but didn't get as far as actually getting one CNC-routed (although I did approach Andrew Guyton to do the fretboard, as his workshop was up the road from where I lived at the time - he makes Brian May's Red Specials these days, don't you know, which meant he was going to be very spendy as well).

Then 2020 happened and I sold my complete IMG-2010 & Roland GR-300 rig and gave my IMG-2010 body to Olley Neale in Norwich who had brought my Daion Savage neck back from beyond the grave. I managed to snag a Strandberg Boden OS Classic 8 on eBay (ex-Dan Griffin, some Instagram widdler who was a Strandberg "artist" and now pimps Aristides) to bring back to New Zealand.

So now I finally have my own EndurNeck and I can confirm that it is indeed fantastic (as is the whole guitar [aside from some slightly underwhelming pickups]). The next step is to install a Cycfi Nu Multi 8 split pickup, and eventually (hopefully) their polyphonic sustainer (currently in their Thor guitar).

edit : you know thats not allowed :P

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1630 times
Been liked: 1297 times

Post by Jay »

You should have waited with this post until July 10 this year....
When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.

synchromesh
Stagg
Stagg
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by synchromesh »

Yes, ten years to the day would've been more impressive: "Cut to ten years later..."