What's this guitar worth? Epiphone SG

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 738 times
Been liked: 511 times

What's this guitar worth? Epiphone SG

Post by Zaulkin »

Hey folks,

One of my friends has asked if I could post on his behalf: What's this guitar worth you do think?

It's a Tony Iommi Epiphone SG Custom - I'm not 100% on the status of the 2nd hand condition, but assuming it's decent - what would you guys say?

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... sZq9IozkcQ

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 634 times
Been liked: 804 times

Re: What's this guitar worth? Epiphone SG

Post by hamo »

Tough call, these are great and I regret not getting one, the pickups sounded really nice. Given that it's a signature model with some rarity value, I'd say more than you'd expect for an Epiphone. Not apples with apples, but a Buzzsaw Zakk Wyle Les Paul sold on TM recently for around $1800. That was possibly a nice combination of right time right buyer, but I guess he could test the waters around $1500 and come down from there if need be? It's not like they're making them anymore.
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 738 times
Been liked: 511 times

Post by Zaulkin »

hamo wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 1:44 pm Tough call, these are great and I regret not getting one, the pickups sounded really nice. Given that it's a signature model with some rarity value, I'd say more than you'd expect for an Epiphone. Not apples with apples, but a Buzzsaw Zakk Wyle Les Paul sold on TM recently for around $1800. That was possibly a nice combination of right time right buyer, but I guess he could test the waters around $1500 and come down from there if need be? It's not like they're making them anymore.
Yeah, I was pretty much thinking the same thing. 1500 and see how it goes. I could see a left handed one on reverb but otherwise found it a bit harder to guesstimate a price.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by hamo »

Zaulkin wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 10:37 pm
hamo wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 1:44 pm Tough call, these are great and I regret not getting one, the pickups sounded really nice. Given that it's a signature model with some rarity value, I'd say more than you'd expect for an Epiphone. Not apples with apples, but a Buzzsaw Zakk Wyle Les Paul sold on TM recently for around $1800. That was possibly a nice combination of right time right buyer, but I guess he could test the waters around $1500 and come down from there if need be? It's not like they're making them anymore.
Yeah, I was pretty much thinking the same thing. 1500 and see how it goes. I could see a left handed one on reverb but otherwise found it a bit harder to guesstimate a price.
I think in the current market that's not outrageous. Just takes a cashed up Iommi fan to come along and Bob's your uncle. I've long coveted one myself. From memory they were around $1800 new 15 years ago or so.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2466 times

Post by Slowy »

hamo wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 11:39 pm
I think in the current market that's not outrageous. Just takes a cashed up Iommi fan to come along and Bob's your uncle. I've long coveted one myself. From memory they were around $1800 new 15 years ago or so.
do they come with relic'd thimbles?
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by hamo »

Slowy wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 6:49 pm
hamo wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 11:39 pm

do they come with relic'd thimbles?
Heh, I doubt it, but they probably should.