Guitar valuations from an out of touch player

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Nellis
Stagg
Stagg
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Been liked: 2 times

Guitar valuations from an out of touch player

Post by Nellis »

Hey guys, first time posting here. Hi!!

I used to play a fair bit, but never get beyond average at best. My passion always seemed to exceed my skill level, but I still get a lot of enjoyment out of playing so I’m cool with that.

With my kids growing up and work commitments dying down, I’m looking at selling my guitars and replacing it with a Cole Clark true hybrid. I’m now trying to figure out ball park what each of the following are worth, and if they’re likely to sell quickly:

1957 Hofner, repaired and modified by Weta.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul standard (missing pick guard), upgraded humbucker for heavier rock/metal - can’t recall brand. Again carried out by Weta.
1984-87 MIJ Fender strat. Previous owner stripped it back to bare wood, plays absolutely beautifully. 1 x Seymour Duncan pickup.
2008 Maton Ecw80c
Yamaha THR10C amp
Jim Dunlop Crybaby
Electro harmonix big muff distortion pedal
Ditto looper pedal
Attachments
IMG_5656.jpeg
IMG_5656.jpeg (2.96 MiB) Viewed 609 times
IMG_5657.jpeg
IMG_5657.jpeg (3.06 MiB) Viewed 609 times
IMG_5658.jpeg
IMG_5658.jpeg (3.12 MiB) Viewed 609 times

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1018 times
Been liked: 2492 times

Re: Guitar valuations from an out of touch player

Post by Slowy »

Welcome! That's an interesting bridge on the Strat, what is it? Great opportunity go get your Bonnie Raitt on.
As for prices, check Trademe and Reverb for a general indication but remember they're asking, not selling prices.
To be honest, replies from us might be opportunistic (though not all).

But in that spirit, I'll offer you $80 for the Ditto. :D
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 168 times
Been liked: 251 times

Re: Guitar valuations from an out of touch player

Post by Capt. Black »

Slowy wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:39 pm Welcome! That's an interesting bridge on the Strat, what is it? Great opportunity go get your Bonnie Raitt on.
As for prices, check Trademe and Reverb for a general indication but remember they're asking, not selling prices.
To be honest, replies from us might be opportunistic (though not all).

But in that spirit, I'll offer you $80 for the Ditto. :D
On Trademe, search expired listings. Auctions with Red flags indicate Sold. Yellow flags = Close without selling.
Red flag items will give you the real world price range. Yellow flags, the dreamers price ranges.

EBay sold items search is similar.