TmcB
I may have a problem
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 683 times
Been liked: 578 times

Re: Chch Gearfest March 20th 2011 - Confirmed @ The Media Cl

Post by TmcB »

There wasn't enough beer
GrantB wrote:Tony, your taste is, as always, very refined. Or as HG would say, "bloody awful".
Family Music Store - http://familymusic.co.nz

Ironbird13
"Resident Cyborg" or something

Post by Ironbird13 »

strippers?
Hurdy Gurdy.... some how... and I'm not entirely certain how mind you, an instrument that sounds like someone has shoved a nest of angry hornets into a goose with a kazoo bill and is randomly slapping the poor creature with an accordion.... Sounds amazing.

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

Ironbird13 wrote:strippers?
now there's the best idea for gearfest attendee's yet....maybe for the next tronfest we can all learn "girls girls girls" :lol:
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

foal30
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 608 times
Been liked: 946 times

Post by foal30 »

good job organizing committee
I'm booking it in
we should work up "Oceans Wide" as tribute to the host
Genuine Old Frontier Gibberish

sty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 208 times
Been liked: 264 times

Re: Chch Gearfest March 20th 2011 - To Be Confirmed

Post by sty »

My offer for a toned down gearfest and gathering in Darfield is still open if there is enough interest. Otherwise I'm happy to come into town for a more normal gear fest.

So far there's been a couple of 'I'm interested' posts in here so probably not looking like many takers which is fair given it's a good 35mins out of town.

druz15
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by druz15 »

sty wrote:My offer for a toned down gearfest and gathering in Darfield is still open if there is enough interest. Otherwise I'm happy to come into town for a more normal gear fest.

So far there's been a couple of 'I'm interested' posts in here so probably not looking like many takers which is fair given it's a good 35mins out of town.
I would be keen if that's what everyone's doing. Im just thinking that given the earthquake and me not knowing my way round ChCh it's gonna be hard for me to get to some places but I'll try.

I have to go to marshland rd to get my orange cab, which is the other side of town to where I'm staying, still don't know how easy it'll be to get there
BG wrote:I don't care if you worship god or you worship goats cocks

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2279 times
Been liked: 4013 times

Post by Bg »

are any kilkenny pubs still open?
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

sty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 208 times
Been liked: 264 times

Post by sty »

BG wrote:are any kilkenny pubs still open?
I don't think anywhere out here in the sticks sells Kilkenny, but I did spot that the Springfield Tavern sells Irish Mild (Is it Matsons?) which was very pleasant and not like any Mild I used to drink when I was a kid growing up in the Northwest of the UK where Mild was an old mans drink.

Terexgeek
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1224 times
Been liked: 375 times

Post by Terexgeek »

I have been stocking up on Kilkenny; so is there anyone against a lowered volume (quieter) Gearfest at sty's?

Happy to collect folks in the Outback, capacity for 4 large adults (including me) and one smaller one, more Kilkenny for someone anyway.
I can also bring some bread, butter and sauce and sossies, if you need more please bring 'dem.

Kris, great suggestion, but if we get a decent number plus gear, a small venue will be swamped and if we're drinking beer (if???) a large quantity of guitarists weeing in the corner's not a great idea.
Tin arse!!

Kris
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 386 times

Post by Kris »

druz15 wrote:
I have to go to marshland rd to get my orange cab, which is the other side of town to where I'm staying, still don't know how easy it'll be to get there
shouldn't be a problem,perhaps plan your route with google maps first and check if there's any outages on the council website.traffic has been pretty horrendous though on the main arterials.

TG-there is a toilet so no wee-ing in the corner,but yeah more than 6 or so people and its starts to get a little cramped :D 20th is my first day at work so dont think i could manage a drive out to darfield and back on time..oh well next time!

Terexgeek
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Terexgeek »

Kris wrote:
druz15 wrote:
shouldn't be a problem,perhaps plan your route with google maps first and check if there's any outages on the council website.traffic has been pretty horrendous though on the main arterials.

TG-there is a toilet so no wee-ing in the corner,but yeah more than 6 or so people and its starts to get a little cramped :D 20th is my first day at work so dont think i could manage a drive out to darfield and back on time..oh well next time!
Thanks for the generous offer though! Bugger about the first day at work, or is it a good thing with a new job to celebrate?
Tin arse!!

Kris
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Kris »

no,just my same old bodily mutilating job-4 on 4 off so no complaints there.Obviuosly its inconvenient when things like gigs and gearfests roll around-plus i used up ALL my available leave touring last year so its a true"tighten the belt"year currently!oh and my custom wow-what-the hell guitar may not be ready in time so i couldn't possibly turn up empty handed could i? :D

Terexgeek
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Terexgeek »

Never a worry, I love looking at gear and playing with cool stuff, but ultimately I really dig catching up with everyone.
Tin arse!!

Kris
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Kris »

yeah i had a great time at the first gear fest-on reflection i spose my amps are new since then but they'll just have to wait for the next one. :?

Cdog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3573 times
Been liked: 732 times

Post by Cdog »

Well I'm definitely keen wherever it is... I can give a couple of people a ride out if needed... I have a 4wd that could fit some gear in the back too.