Another Welly Gearfest before the end of the year?

Info about upcoming gearfests etc

Moderator: Capt. Black

robnobcorncob
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 122 times
Been liked: 103 times

Re: Another Welly Gearfest before the end of the year?

Post by robnobcorncob »

Some Bozo wrote: In two minds about bringing a cab, might just take the Classic 30 combo for convenience. Could probably drag out the 1966b 2x12 if anyone's interesting in trying it or needs to borrow a cab for the occaision...
I'd happily use it if you brought it, I'm not sure what my cabinet situation will be by the time the gearfest rolls around..

Some Bozo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Some Bozo »

robnobcorncob wrote:
Some Bozo wrote: In two minds about bringing a cab, might just take the Classic 30 combo for convenience. Could probably drag out the 1966b 2x12 if anyone's interesting in trying it or needs to borrow a cab for the occaision...
I'd happily use it if you brought it, I'm not sure what my cabinet situation will be by the time the gearfest rolls around..
Cool, let me know closer to the day if you need it and I'll bring it along
"You know something's gone badly wrong with the world when Prince has stopped singing about sex, and Morrissey has started."

robnobcorncob
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by robnobcorncob »

Some Bozo wrote:
robnobcorncob wrote:
Cool, let me know closer to the day if you need it and I'll bring it along
Will do, thanks.

mr_sooty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 178 times

Post by mr_sooty »

Bugger, Sunday's a bad day for me. Will have to see if I can get out of playing at church that day - except Ninja is the most likely candidate to fill in for me, and he wants to go to, so it looks bad. I'm keen as too. I have a BarBQue by the way, although I think the hose might be leaking a little, will have to get that fixed. I also probably can't fit it in the car, certainly not with my gear as well, but somebody could pick it up if they wanted. It's one of those three burner jobbies on a cart. I'm in Tawa.

robnobcorncob
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by robnobcorncob »

te_chris wrote:sounds like a shit load of fun, are nzgtrs newbies allowed? I can bring some tasty pedals, promise!
Come along man, how's that cab working out for you?

NZ__Ninja
Squier
Been liked: 1 time

Post by NZ__Ninja »

mr_sooty wrote:Bugger, Sunday's a bad day for me. Will have to see if I can get out of playing at church that day - except Ninja is the most likely candidate to fill in for me, and he wants to go to, so it looks bad. I'm keen as too. I have a BarBQue by the way, although I think the hose might be leaking a little, will have to get that fixed. I also probably can't fit it in the car, certainly not with my gear as well, but somebody could pick it up if they wanted. It's one of those three burner jobbies on a cart. I'm in Tawa.
Yeah well ill probably have to get someone to fill in for me too, real keen to come along. if worst comes to worst weed still be able to go for a few hours atleast
Les Paul standard with Bareknuckle rebel yells
Ernie ball volume > Boss TU2 > Boss CS3 modded > Barber LTD >G2D Standard > Boss DD5 > TC nova repeater
Fender Blues Deluxe

raz
Hagstrom

Post by raz »

NZ__Ninja wrote:
mr_sooty wrote:Bugger, Sunday's a bad day for me. Will have to see if I can get out of playing at church that day - except Ninja is the most likely candidate to fill in for me, and he wants to go to, so it looks bad. I'm keen as too. I have a BarBQue by the way, although I think the hose might be leaking a little, will have to get that fixed. I also probably can't fit it in the car, certainly not with my gear as well, but somebody could pick it up if they wanted. It's one of those three burner jobbies on a cart. I'm in Tawa.
Yeah well ill probably have to get someone to fill in for me too, real keen to come along. if worst comes to worst weed still be able to go for a few hours atleast
I'm curious - NZ_ninja, you're obviously an Iron Maiden fan. How does that reconcile with your faith? I can't really envisage your worship group knocking out a cover of 666 at the church fete, although I would like to see it. I would've thought IM would not be the most wholesome choice for a believer. Not trying to take the piss here, I am genuinely curious.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 640 times
Been liked: 808 times

Post by hamo »

raz wrote:
NZ__Ninja wrote:
I'm curious - NZ_ninja, you're obviously an Iron Maiden fan. How does that reconcile with your faith? I can't really envisage your worship group knocking out a cover of 666 at the church fete, although I would like to see it. I would've thought IM would not be the most wholesome choice for a believer. Not trying to take the piss here, I am genuinely curious.
Possibly because Iron Maiden aren't satanists?
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

Some Bozo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Some Bozo »

hamo wrote:
Amazing what you can learn by paying attention to the lyrics and not just the album covers
"You know something's gone badly wrong with the world when Prince has stopped singing about sex, and Morrissey has started."

raz
Hagstrom

Post by raz »

Some Bozo wrote:
hamo wrote:
Amazing what you can learn by paying attention to the lyrics and not just the album covers
Of course they're not satanists, I never said they were, however their choice of material would appear well not exactly wholesome. They're using diabolic references to sell records, an old trick but a goodie. It's all about sensationalism and trying to shock the punters. But I would have thought that kind of sensationalism would not live happily down Jesus St.

Personally I liked it because I thought it was humorous. And who listens to the lyrics in metal anyway?

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 640 times
Been liked: 808 times

Post by hamo »

raz wrote:
Some Bozo wrote:
hamo wrote:
Of course they're not satanists, I never said they were, however their choice of material would appear well not exactly wholesome. They're using diabolic references to sell records, an old trick but a goodie. It's all about sensationalism and trying to shock the punters. But I would have thought that kind of sensationalism would not live happily down Jesus St.

Personally I liked it because I thought it was humorous. And who listens to the lyrics in metal anyway?
It's not always easy to listen to the lyrics in metal if you wanted to! :lol: I remember listening to some Sepultura with a mate. He said "This is rubbish! You can't even understand the lyrics!". It was in Spanish...

Sorry if my reply seemed rude - it was meant to be tongue in cheek.
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

Some Bozo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Some Bozo »

raz wrote: Of course they're not satanists, I never said they were, however their choice of material would appear well not exactly wholesome. They're using diabolic references to sell records, an old trick but a goodie. It's all about sensationalism and trying to shock the punters. But I would have thought that kind of sensationalism would not live happily down Jesus St.

Isn't shocking the punters with diabolic references pretty much the church's selling point ? "Believe what we say or you'll go to hell"

robnobcorncob
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by robnobcorncob »

Iron Maiden? I thought people were still bashing Marilyn Manson as a bad influence?

Lets not forget the fuss that a few church groups kicked up when Ozzy Osbourne played here at Easter. The fact that Cannibal Corpse played here should outrage more people, "Hammer Smashed Face" anyone ? either way it's all good fun.

Ironbird13
"Resident Cyborg" or something

Post by Ironbird13 »

raz wrote:I can't really envisage your worship group knocking out a cover of 666 at the church fete,
I'd rather see Holy Smoke :wink: :P
robnobcorncob wrote:The fact that Cannibal Corpse played here should outrage more people
that was an awesome gig, i shouldn't have been pissed in the moshpit though...

it was just 2 weeks after tearing the cartilidge in my knee :roll: i could hardly walk afterwards, and those stairs at the Bathhouse were a bitch :x
Hurdy Gurdy.... some how... and I'm not entirely certain how mind you, an instrument that sounds like someone has shoved a nest of angry hornets into a goose with a kazoo bill and is randomly slapping the poor creature with an accordion.... Sounds amazing.

Some Bozo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Some Bozo »

robnobcorncob wrote:Iron Maiden? I thought people were still bashing Marilyn Manson as a bad influence?

Lets not forget the fuss that a few church groups kicked up when Ozzy Osbourne played here at Easter. The fact that Cannibal Corpse played here should outrage more people, "Hammer Smashed Face" anyone ? either way it's all good fun.
It's got to be someone the mass media have heard of. Cannibal who ? No coverage, no converts, no increase in the collection plate.