Wellington Gearfest Poll

Info about upcoming gearfests etc

Moderator: Capt. Black

When should we have the next Wellington gearfest?

October 31st
19%
November 14th
43%
November 21st
5%
November 28th
5%
Never- Benderissimo smells.
29%

Total votes: 21

bender
Darth Fader
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 417 times
Been liked: 1017 times

Re: Wellington Gearfest Poll

Post by bender »

Hot_Grits wrote:
mr_sooty wrote:Nobody seemed to have a problem with my lack of deodorant at the last gearfest. I reckon deodorant is just one of those things marketing companies have convinced us we need. It was making me itch so I stopped using it. I shower every day, and I can't tell the difference. I wonder if it really even does anything.
That is possibly the most 'Wellington' thing ever posted on this forum.

I thought it was a bit more Coromandel...

mr_sooty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 178 times

Post by mr_sooty »

I guess there are just some things you should keep to yourself. :oops:

Hot_Grits
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Hot_Grits »

thehenderson wrote:Actually that^ is probably the most Auckland thing posted on the forum. Sooty is obviously just not a very sweaty guy, some guys are sweatier than others...
Are you trying to turn me on?

i'll wear the 'Auckland tag on that one. We do tend to have lower concentrations of smelly folk, batshit crazy people and women who wear skirts over trousers. It's a terrible situation we really should address.

The problem with being stinkiness is people are often to polite to tell you you're having a reek. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
jeremyb wrote: Is it true about the bum sex before marriage thing being ok?

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7762 times
Been liked: 4195 times

Post by jeremyb »

mr_sooty wrote:Nobody seemed to have a problem with my lack of deodorant at the last gearfest. I reckon deodorant is just one of those things marketing companies have convinced us we need. It was making me itch so I stopped using it. I shower every day, and I can't tell the difference. I wonder if it really even does anything.
By the time you can smell your own stink you're well past your used by date, you sure its not the armpit shaving causing the itching? maybe you should wax :mrgreen:
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

mr_sooty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 178 times

Post by mr_sooty »

I have a wife and a very blunt cousin, both of whom would let me know if I needed to change my non-deodorant wearing ways. I think most people who stink do so because they don't shower/change their clothes/clean their teeth. I do all these things.