Total votes: 20

Gelato
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Re: tronfest q2 2010, May 1st

Post by Gelato »

rocklander wrote:
Gelato wrote:We have to fly to Djibouti to see them? :?
nope.. even google couldn't help me there... say what now?
Is it not common knowledge that HD is the airport code for the Northeast African nation of Djibouti?!? I blame the schools :(
My web site
My band's site

NZRS-Dave wrote:I can help with that cos I read something somewhere about it.

calling card
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 857 times
Been liked: 276 times

Re: tronfest q2 2010, May 1st

Post by calling card »

Thanks to ya-all running Tronfest 4, yeehaw on the way there had to take a detour thru Rotovegas when we hit the Fletcher marathon, got to pass the frontrunners in the mighty Sentra too. I got to the fest, found my place in the corner set up amps etc... then into those BBQ suasages washed down with my one beer for the day. Great catching up with familiar faces & those I'd not met before. I must have wondered around looking & listening at all the setups with a dumb grin all day.
I saw a Bellbird reverb model in the flesh, lifted it by the handle & felt the weight of the iron, Doh stoopid me never got round to plugging in myself but I heard it. Same thing again beholding some 65amps combos, beautiful build on those babies. Highgainers Elmwood?, that thing is gorgeous with its red dyed wood cab. Something about that ivory Firebird? of Unique's that gets ya eyeballs hanging out on stalks. Ash had a variety of Tele there, fork me if he's still got the Pawlonia(I give up trying to spell it) wood one. That guitar is what made me go & build my Tele, I was so sure it would be gone before I ever had the coin. Hearing BabyTaylor's new toy, yep that EF86? channel is the one. Darcy had pedals & conjured up some sweet Hendrix vibe. My frankenstrat went under the gun in the hands of HG too. Rocky's sturdy workhorse Jansen rig was on slave duty & mad scientist pedal testing right beside me most of the day.
The whole day is just a blurr of noise (yeah it got loud!) & sights but most of all a social occasion. Rock on the gearfests.
2024; I have explored the extent of the perimeter dome, there is no escape. I am become Morpheus