Reg18
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 318 times
Been liked: 935 times

Re: Chch Gearfest Oct the ????

Post by Reg18 »

Yeah I think the 17th should be all good for me, keen to hear the 5E3 Molly! Can you bring that?

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2488 times
Been liked: 2799 times

Post by Molly »

Reg18 wrote:Yeah I think the 17th should be all good for me, keen to hear the 5E3 Molly! Can you bring that?
Defo. That and the Tone King. The Nocaster and Strat too I think.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7744 times
Been liked: 4187 times

Post by jeremyb »

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:I'm keen as, never been to one before and keen to meet a few of you from on here. Sounds good
Awesome dude!

17th should be ok for me too, much new toys from everyone!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Any ideas where is it likely to be being held?..

sopachrga
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by sopachrga »

17th is good.
Usually held at a church hall in bishopdale area.
Ummm....

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Yep, will talk to Dave on monday about booking it:

-St Johns Church
-Cnr of Kingrove Street and Cotswold Ave in Bishopdale (head down Harewood Road toward airport, turn right at playground where there is a big grey elephant slide) That's Cotswold Ave ... then Kingrove is about 100m up on the left.
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

mttn3
PRS
PRS
Has liked: 143 times
Been liked: 45 times

Post by mttn3 »

Can i come along and listen? I am still embarrassingly unable to string together (haha) a tune. Also it'd be interesting he hear my guitar played well and get some feedback (haha) about how it's set up. Or not set up.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

mttn3 wrote:Can i come along and listen? I am still embarrassingly unable to string together (haha) a tune. Also it'd be interesting he hear my guitar played well and get some feedback (haha) about how it's set up. Or not set up.
Totally man! The first one I went to I could barely play, and had a laptop running guitar rig for my amp... can still barely play, but got heaps of cool gear to make up for it :lol:

Polar Bear
Burns BHM
Has liked: 340 times
Been liked: 342 times

Post by Polar Bear »

jeremyb wrote:
mttn3 wrote:Can i come along and listen? I am still embarrassingly unable to string together (haha) a tune. Also it'd be interesting he hear my guitar played well and get some feedback (haha) about how it's set up. Or not set up.
Totally man! The first one I went to I could barely play, and had a laptop running guitar rig for my amp... can still barely play, but got heaps of cool gear to make up for it :lol:
And an Edwards.
Zephyr - Wellington's Leading Covers Band

http://zephyrband.co.nz/
https://www.facebook.com/ZephyrBandNZ

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Polar Bear wrote:
jeremyb wrote:
And an Edwards.
:lol:

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

jeremyb wrote:-St Johns Church
-Cnr of Kingrove Street and Cotswold Ave in Bishopdale (head down Harewood Road toward airport, turn right at playground where there is a big grey elephant slide) That's Cotswold Ave ... then Kingrove is about 100m up on the left.
Perfect, just up the road from me. What's the deal, do most people rock up with an amp and guitar or do people bring stuff they're looking to swap or trade? Sorry for all the noob questions lol.

sopachrga
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 59 times

Re: Chch Gearfest Oct the 17th

Post by sopachrga »

Most people bring an amp or two, and a few guitars and pedal boards.
If you have pedals etc that you want to trade, it can't hurt to bring them along in case someone wants to try one. You might get a sale out of it, but it's not really a 'swap meet' type thing

Generally every one brings gear they don't mind other people trying out. So if you have something that you wouldn't be happy with others trying, either leave it at home or make sure you keep it in a case when you aren't playing it.
Ummm....

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2488 times
Been liked: 2799 times

Post by Molly »

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
jeremyb wrote:-St Johns Church
Perfect, just up the road from me. What's the deal, do most people rock up with an amp and guitar or do people bring stuff they're looking to swap or trade? Sorry for all the noob questions lol.
And it doesn't seem to be much of a jam thing either. At least there hasn't been any in the couple I've been to. It's just a chin-wag and gear try-out.

kdawg2a
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 1047 times

Post by kdawg2a »

I think last time we tried to have a jam it ended up becoming the worlds worst version of hotel California. Lots of diverse musical taste in the team means it's hard to settle on a song. I would recommend bringing ear plugs. The plexis going to 11.
1935 Martin D-45, 1942 Gibson Southern Jumbo,1950 Fender Broadcaster, 1954 Fender Strat, 1958 Gibson Moderne prototype, 1959 Gibson Les Paul Standard.
1958 Fender twin, 1965 Vox AC30, 1966 Marshall JTM 45, 1977 Dumble OD Special.
Big black garbage bag full of original Klon Centaurs and TS808s.

mttn3
PRS
PRS
Has liked: 143 times
Been liked: 45 times

Post by mttn3 »

:P Sounds good! I'll bring ear plugs; I hate loud places