Site Admin
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Re: Auckland / Southland gearfest

Post by Bg »

hamo wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:07 pm
Bg wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:53 pm
jeremyb wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:13 am BG you could always hop on a flight down to chch this weekend <3
I'd love too, but its a struggle getting cash sorted for this trip. I have no idea how long I'll be there - my workplace won't hold my job open longer than a month maybe. I could be waiting for miq for longer.
Can you work remotely?
Me and my boss are happy to do that, People & Capability have different guidelines, they may be a bit more flexible but I don't know yet. If not, fuck them. Bloods thicker than water.
Danger Mouse wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:11 pm
Ah bugger, not good. Having all my family in the UK and parents with health issues I'm expecting something along those lines coming up, but being on the other side of the world definitely makes it hard.

I hope something works out for you.
It shouldn't be unexpected, the old fella is in his 90's but he was really good until recently - the decline is shocking. They're both so bloody obstinate too - I've found out much more than they've said, about falls and all sorts of things. "Oh, we'll get by..."

Its really just the covid thing thats really fucked everything up. Prior that, I'd have been on a plane within 24 hours at the first inkling something was wrong.

I didn't want to turn this into a poor me thread, I'll get by.....

Missus is staying put, cats to look after etc. So who knows how long before I'm back. She'll probably sell the house and leave no forwarding address.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 351 times
Been liked: 661 times

Post by Danger Mouse »

Bg wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:47 pm

It's not a poor me thread. This forum is more than just a place to talk about pedals, pickups, amps and guitars, it's also a place to talk about stuff when it's getting on top of you, with people who care. Which we do.

If you come along to the gearfest I'll even let you stroke my beard again, which I know you love doing.
The older I get, the more disappointed in myself I become.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

Danger Mouse wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:54 pm
Bg wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:47 pm

It's not a poor me thread. This forum is more than just a place to talk about pedals, pickups, amps and guitars, it's also a place to talk about stuff when it's getting on top of you, with people who care. Which we do.

If you come along to the gearfest I'll even let you stroke my beard again, which I know you love doing.
I love your beard feels, none of that girlie oil thing
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1630 times
Been liked: 1297 times

Post by Jay »

Well, lockdown is taking care of this one :(

So glad I had an impromptu super mini gearfest today. Both acoustic and electric. Yes, two is a crowd :D
When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3476 times
Been liked: 1083 times

Post by codedog »

Jay wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:40 pm Well, lockdown is taking care of this one :(

So glad I had an impromptu super mini gearfest today. Both acoustic and electric. Yes, two is a crowd :D
Photos, or it never happened! What acoustics did you have?

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

codedog wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:02 pm
Jay wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:40 pm Well, lockdown is taking care of this one :(

I have a photo, but publication would require a release.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1630 times
Been liked: 1297 times

Post by Jay »

codedog wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:02 pm

Nothing so exciting that it breaks the Covid spell... Both of these have had their neck reset and reattached like a Collins or Tayler more or less...

The Two Neck Reset Siblings JAY_0989.JPG
The Two Neck Reset Siblings JAY_0989.JPG (766.53 KiB) Viewed 4553 times
When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1419 times

Post by robthemac »

Bump. Hoping we're allowed a gearfest by late November. I'm bloody fizzing for one, in any case.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

hudsonsaul
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by hudsonsaul »

Never been, but would be keen to attend the next one.