Info about upcoming gearfests etc

Moderator: Capt. Black

rocklander
no offense, but I'm not a guitarist
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

xmas gearfest

Post by rocklander »

so is there one on the cards guys?
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 354 times
Been liked: 666 times

Post by Danger Mouse »

If there is one, I might actually be able to make it with my Rob/Greenstone amp (finally signed it off on Monday, think Rob was getting pretty sick of hearing me say "Good, very good... could I just have a little bit more gain though?").
The older I get, the more disappointed in myself I become.

sgt mukuzi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by sgt mukuzi »

hope so
sambrowne wrote:I've included things like chord voicing’s and musical terminology for those that can understand it, while trying to keep it accessible enough for fans to enjoy as well.
You are a hypocritical, whining bitch. F*$k off and die Anthony.

RobRoyMcCoy
PRS
PRS
Has liked: 194 times
Been liked: 45 times

Post by RobRoyMcCoy »

Did you just say a LITTLE bit more gain... :lol:
Greenstone Amplifiers

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Danger Mouse »

RobRoyMcCoy wrote:Did you just say a LITTLE bit more gain... :lol:
:lol: :lol: Ok, ok I asked for a LOT more gain, so much in fact that we were heading towards a Star Trek/Scotty moment at the last session...

"She canny take any more gain, DM, or she's gonna blow!"

8)

rocklander

Post by rocklander »

ye cannae change the laws of physics captain..
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

RobRoyMcCoy
PRS
PRS

Post by RobRoyMcCoy »

Danger Mouse wrote:
:lol: :lol: Ok, ok I asked for a LOT more gain, so much in fact that we were heading towards a Star Trek/Scotty moment at the last session...

8)
"Keep going Scotty, MORE GAIN!

Well, there is one more thing we could try... its called an EL84 Class A distortion generator, running in the pre-amp... but its no been tested Cap'n...!!!

MORE GAIN!!

...engaging now!!

...That's it!! It's working. ...Well done Scotty, that has wiped the klingons from the surface...

...of the planet, Captain?

...of the planet Scotty."
Greenstone Amplifiers

Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 174 times
Been liked: 257 times

Post by Capt. Black »

Captain, might I add that logic suggests coupling the EL84 Class "A" Distortion generator to a High capacitance P90 pickup array mounted close to the bridge could tear a riff in the space time continuum large enough to transport ship and the entire crew into the next dimension albeit, with somewhat unpredictable results. Enhanced shielding would, of course, be necessary to prevent creating an infinite feedback loop that we may never be able to break free of.

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1388 times
Been liked: 2132 times

Post by GrantB »

Ahhh...I may have heard of this secret EL84 tone generator when I obtained an Eminence Guv...would that be right Rob?

"I canne hold any longer Cap'n - she's gonna blow!"
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

rocklander

Post by rocklander »

perhaps this next dimension might be a place to hold a gathering... a time of music and festive rejoicing supposedly remembering the birth of some bloke with reputedly mystical powers, turning mere water into an alcoholic beverage.. and bards and troubadours alike could play a cacophony and ferengi can attempt to sell their wares?

...or perhaps not.. maybe there wont be enough interest in this dimension...
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2276 times
Been liked: 3991 times

Post by Bg »

sorry been extra stupidly busy this week, will sort some details out shortly....
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

DarcyPerry
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by DarcyPerry »

RobRoyMcCoy wrote:
Danger Mouse wrote:

8)

Well, there is one more thing we could try... its called an EL84 Class A distortion generator, running in the pre-amp... but its no been tested Cap'n...!!!

MORE GAIN!!

...engaging now!!

...That's it!! It's working. ...Well done Scotty, that has wiped the klingons from the surface...

I believe I'm looking for something akin to a vintage fender bassman. 4x10, tube king!
"It's all a gift... and I have to keep giving it back, or it goes away. If I start believing that it's all my doing, it's gonna be my undoing." - Stevie Ray Vaughan
http://www.darcyperry.co.nz

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Danger Mouse »

DarcyPerry wrote:
RobRoyMcCoy wrote:
Danger Mouse wrote: :lol: :lol: Ok, ok I asked for a LOT more gain, so much in fact that we were heading towards a Star Trek/Scotty moment at the last session...

8)

MORE GAIN!!

...engaging now!!

I believe I'm looking for something akin to a vintage fender bassman. 4x10, tube king!
So you don't want to be able to kill Klingons then?

Seriously though, there's elements of the amp that will be of no interest to you, but I'd love to get you to play through the clean channel and check out what the EL84 in the pre-amp section can do to it. It adds such a wonderful harmonic dimension to the tone, it's not just an extra bit of drive or a boost circuit. Possibly the coolest part of the amp...

Vorbis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Vorbis »

And yet still no pics, tone clips, comparisons or details whatsoever of the aforementioned beast.
She told me baby when you race today just take along my love with you, and if ya knew how much I love you baby, nothin' could go wrong with you.

RobRoyMcCoy
PRS
PRS

Post by RobRoyMcCoy »

Hah! We Klingons feast on your torment :twisted:
Greenstone Amplifiers