Video day & old gear pr0n....

The vintage gear forum, named in honour of the hundreds of people left vintage samick guitars in an estate....

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 211 times
Been liked: 665 times

Re: Video day & old gear pr0n....

Post by rickenbackerkid »

Lovely old girls mate.

mr_sooty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 178 times

Post by mr_sooty »

Nice collection, love the gold top with the mini humbuckers. Played one of those once, man it was loverly. If I was going to get a LP that's the one I'd want I think. Also loving the Gretsch. How's that Top Hat? They look like nice amps.

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1384 times
Been liked: 2119 times

Post by GrantB »

mr_sooty wrote:Nice collection, love the gold top with the mini humbuckers. Played one of those once, man it was loverly. If I was going to get a LP that's the one I'd want I think. Also loving the Gretsch. How's that Top Hat? They look like nice amps.
Yeah, it sounds the bomb. It also weighs the same as a bomb, say "Little Boy"...but I don't mind the weight because it has "that sound". The Gretsch also has amazing tone - it's 100% original so the frets are the 'orrible factory ones. So not much string bending going on there, but for picking and rhythym stuff, noice.

TopHat - very versatile. Shimmer clean vender, crunchy chiming Vox to Bluesbreaker tones. It's all in there. I run it with a 12AX7 in V1 rather than the factory 12AY7 - breaks up early and crunches away nicely. Build quality is notable. Inside the cab there is a little TopHat branded packet of fuses stapled to the wood - just in case. Everything is finicky perfect inside the chassis. Valves were first class ex factory. Really, for the money, it represents good value. I'd buy another if I didn't just blow the next two years gear fund.

That reminds me - anyone interested in a Sunburst Strat, 1979, all original, mildly relic'd (through WOWREALHONEST play, not a set of Allen keys, 3 pints of Kilkenneys, 100 grit and a screwdriver). Drop me a PM if so - photo's to come. It's standard late 70's ash so it's more of a Kate Winslet and Nigella Lawson than a Kate Moss....
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

dayl
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 460 times
Been liked: 415 times

Post by dayl »

Any of you guys insured with AAI ?

Just had a policy referred to me with around 60K worth of Guitar & AMp collection and there wern't too many guitars. Didn't really look into it too much but tempting.

GrantB
ADMIN

Post by GrantB »

As in like tempting to visit their house at 3am with a crow bar?
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

dayl
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 460 times
Been liked: 415 times

Post by dayl »

*UNIQUE* wrote:As in like tempting to visit their house at 3am with a crow bar?
Haha, I guess I should have articulated that a little better. That scenario is faaaar from my karma, I prefer working for my toys and appreiciate the priviledge of being able to slowly work my way up to better equipment.

DarcyPerry
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by DarcyPerry »

It's 2009... 355 time!
"It's all a gift... and I have to keep giving it back, or it goes away. If I start believing that it's all my doing, it's gonna be my undoing." - Stevie Ray Vaughan
http://www.darcyperry.co.nz

GrantB
ADMIN

Post by GrantB »

Darcy, your consistency is astounding...will be in touch

As promised the tunes are up on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/datemonthyear

Cheers

Kev77
Mr Echo
Has liked: 361 times
Been liked: 285 times

Post by Kev77 »

DarcyPerry wrote:It's 2009... 355 time!
amen, thats my lil project for this year