cholera
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

GE-7 mod

Post by cholera »

I have a problem here, I had a beat up GE-7 which I sent away for a P&Q mod, the pedal worked but was noisy as, which from what I gather is the norm for those pedals. Anyway, I had tried to discuss issues with the pedal with the modder, but was not really getting my questions answered. I was in a rush so paid for the mod and sent pedal off. When it came back it didn't work at all. At modders suggestion I took off backplate, now it works, but I don't think its a good idea to take a pedal to a gig like this. Basically now the pedal works, but is NOISIER than when I sent it off. I asked if the mod really should display a huge difference, or is it some subtle thing that my grind damaged ears won't notice, but didnt get an answer.
I'm not gonna say who did the mod, and this is in no way a bitch about him anyway, though I am slightly annoyed that he said the pedal looked stuffed but did the mod and charged me. If he had told me I probably wouldn't have gone ahead, though I guess thats a matter of just giving the customer what he wants.
I have the option of sending it back and he has said that he will check the mod, I don't have a good feeling about that though, being as that I don't know anything about these things so he can pretty much say what he wants.
SO
Has anyone here had the mod done, and if so just how noticable is the mod? That's my question, the rest is just venting I guess
Lastly this is not an attack on the modder, for the most part he has treated me fairly, I just wish he had told me the pedal was on the way out, I did give him my number and asked him about other aspects of the pedal.
I just wanna know how quiet the mod is, I'm sure it has done nothing to mine but maybe I'm just half deaf and can't tell?

Basket Case
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 108 times

Re: GE-7 mod

Post by Basket Case »

I bought a Monte Allums mod for my GE-7. It used to hiss like anything if you tried to use it in front of the amp. It's dead quiet now. I don't know anything about the mod you're talking about though.

cholera
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by cholera »

Where does that mod come from basket case? It looks like I need to start from scratch....anyone offloading a GE-7? Or anyone have experience with the Daphon EQ's? I was told they are basically clones of the GE-7

Basket Case
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 108 times

Post by Basket Case »

Gelato
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Gelato »

cholera wrote:....anyone offloading a GE-7?
There's one on the musicXchange at the moment: http://www.musicxchange.co.nz/auction_d ... _id=100941
My web site
My band's site

NZRS-Dave wrote:I can help with that cos I read something somewhere about it.

war-wolf
Gibson

Post by war-wolf »

yeah thats mine,works fine and not overly noisy that i've noticed.
Moser 10- BCR ironbird custom 7-Gibson Voodoo sg-
Sunn O)))model T - SunnO))4x12"-EHX Cathedral-EHX POG2-digitech EX7-boss rc2-ibanez de7-
Marshall jcm 800 silver jubilee combo(2558)-Blackwidow 15"

cholera
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by cholera »

cheers people, Kris I may be in touch.

war-wolf
Gibson

Post by war-wolf »

sweet as mayng
Moser 10- BCR ironbird custom 7-Gibson Voodoo sg-
Sunn O)))model T - SunnO))4x12"-EHX Cathedral-EHX POG2-digitech EX7-boss rc2-ibanez de7-
Marshall jcm 800 silver jubilee combo(2558)-Blackwidow 15"