Let's Build A Uni-Vibe: Introducing The Pадио Москва (Radio Moscow) Atmospheric Modulator - Sound Sample Added 2/1/2022

Pedal manufacturers in here...

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

FuzzMonkey
Squier
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 210 times

Re: Let's Build A Uni-Vibe: Introducing The Pадио Москва (Radio Moscow) Atmospheric Modulator - Sound Sample Added 2/1/2

Post by FuzzMonkey »

Bg wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:22 pm Nothing wrong in prototyping the old fashioned way.
I would usually use veroboard but that wasn't an option in this case due to the style of components.
"There's no creativity without vulnerability."

www.fantailaudio.com

chappi
Greg Bennet
Greg Bennet
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Re: Let's Build A Uni-Vibe: Introducing The Pадио Москва (Radio Moscow) Atmospheric Modulator - Sound Sample Added 2/1/2

Post by chappi »

Hi Blake, any updates on this project?

Snarblinge
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Snarblinge »

jumping in on the Discussion on design (a bit late) The tower would look cleaner without fantail (move to top of box perhaps (the top side, where the dc jack is, on the perfect stage and pedalboard combo its a tiny billboard) and an led above each stomp, mode toggles colours, bypass toggles on off, then you can quickly see which mode you are kicking into, a single LED has the problem that you can't tell when bypassed, or there is a lit led when bypassed which is against convention. everything else looks sweet as. reminds of the White stripes old website
b.

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1304 times
Been liked: 1128 times

Post by Jay »

Amazing thread, finally read the whole lot. Fantastic work.

Are the Russian references going to stay on the artwork?
When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.

FuzzMonkey
Squier

Post by FuzzMonkey »

chappi wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:00 am Hi Blake, any updates on this project?
It has been sitting on the back burner for a while now I am afraid. The power supply I designed was exhibiting some weird behaviour in circuit and I hadn't "past participle of get" around to addressing it before taking a sanity break for my general well-being.
Snarblinge wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:48 pm jumping in on the Discussion on design (a bit late) The tower would look cleaner without fantail (move to top of box perhaps (the top side, where the dc jack is, on the perfect stage and pedalboard combo its a tiny billboard) and an led above each stomp, mode toggles colours, bypass toggles on off, then you can quickly see which mode you are kicking into, a single LED has the problem that you can't tell when bypassed, or there is a lit led when bypassed which is against convention. everything else looks sweet as. reminds of the White stripes old website
I really need to revisit the whole thing, to be honest with you. I often find that a break from a design often leads to clarity but it has been so long that I will need to go over everything to remember what I actually did or intended to do.
Jay wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:57 am Amazing thread, finally read the whole lot. Fantastic work.

Are the Russian references going to stay on the artwork?
I appreciate those kind words. The world has changed a lot since this thread was started, especially with the situation in Ukraine. The artwork will no doubt change to reflect this.

www.fantailaudio.com

MiniForklift
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 223 times

Post by MiniForklift »

Still following and looking forward to seeing where things go!
“𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧”

FuzzMonkey
Squier

Post by FuzzMonkey »

MiniForklift wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:32 am Still following and looking forward to seeing where things go!
I have pulled it out again as a result of the recent questions and comments. Still sounds really nice even if I do say so myself.

www.fantailaudio.com

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 5914 times
Been liked: 3308 times

Post by jeremyb »

FuzzMonkey wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:51 pm
MiniForklift wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:32 am Still following and looking forward to seeing where things go!
I have pulled it out again as a result of the recent questions and comments. Still sounds really nice even if I do say so myself.
What about the pedal though?
And how can we win,
When fools can be kings?

FuzzMonkey
Squier

Post by FuzzMonkey »

jeremyb wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:27 pm
FuzzMonkey wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:51 pm
What about the pedal though?
:clap: :lol:

www.fantailaudio.com

chappi
Greg Bennet
Greg Bennet
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Post by chappi »

FuzzMonkey wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:44 am
chappi wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:00 am Hi Blake, any updates on this project?
It has been sitting on the back burner for a while now I am afraid. The power supply I designed was exhibiting some weird behaviour in circuit and I hadn't "past participle of get" around to addressing it before taking a sanity break for my general well-being.
Thanks for the updates. Those sanity breaks are essential.

Kind regards

Chris

FuzzMonkey
Squier

Post by FuzzMonkey »

chappi wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:35 am Thanks for the updates. Those sanity breaks are essential.

Kind regards

Chris
Hi Chris. They are indeed essential. I'm hoping to do a where things are at the moment summary post soon.

www.fantailaudio.com