Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 1064 times

Monarch Pedals Sasquatch video

Post by NippleWrestler »

It's the Sasquatch.

Itounds like Pelican, Sleep, Crowbar, High on Fire, that sort of stuff. Sludge metal and doom bands. There's sag and thickness in the lower mids, with a nice growly snarl in the upper registers that keeps it aggressive and present in a mix. Turning the gain down removes some of the lows but that isn't as much fun.

I'm trying to get better sounding demos through the live rig which is an art in itself... there's more time spent on mic placement and recording techniques than anything else but it's a fun journey that'll hopefully come in handy down the line. It's amazing how moving the mic 2 degrees in a direction can totally change the sound, sometimes for better, often for the worse.

This is using a guitar I designed and built to do the demo. It's the one I keep in D standard (drop C for this demo) and uses a PRS USA Tremonti bridge pickup and a custom ordered neck pup. It's not the guitar I grab for cleans or leads, but it's the one I pick up when slurry riffs are called for.

I don't expect this to be everyone's cup of tea. It's not a transparent drive, or a germanium boost, it's an addictive little riff machine.

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 737 times
Been liked: 511 times

Re: Monarch Pedals Sasquatch video

Post by Zaulkin »

I tried one of these out in person and had to grab one. It's so beefy. I love it.

Candeevr4
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 265 times

Post by Candeevr4 »

Interesting hearing it through another rig, what amp were you running it through? Clean or dirty?

IMOCD
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 479 times
Been liked: 221 times

Post by IMOCD »

Zaulkin wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:02 pm I tried one of these out in person and had to grab one. It's so beefy. I love it.
Work well with humbuckers? I'm currently using a Box of Rock for my main grind, but it's a little dark.

Candeevr4
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 265 times

Post by Candeevr4 »

IMOCD wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:11 pm
Zaulkin wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:02 pm I tried one of these out in person and had to grab one. It's so beefy. I love it.
Work well with humbuckers? I'm currently using a Box of Rock for my main grind, but it's a little dark.
I only have humbuckers or p90's and runs great on them all.

NippleWrestler
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 1064 times

Post by NippleWrestler »

Candeevr4 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:10 pm Interesting hearing it through another rig, what amp were you running it through? Clean or dirty?
Mesa Tremoverb through a 1980s Marshall 4x12, then an Aston Spirit mic. You can hear little bit of clean channel (which I'm playing through) around the 18:30 mark.

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 737 times
Been liked: 511 times

Post by Zaulkin »

IMOCD wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:11 pm
Sure does. I like it.