Vince
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 186 times

Re: TCE Fluorescence mod question

Post by Vince »

jeremyb wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 2:29 pm The volume drop thing is fairly unique, not something I’ve experienced before!
Hmmm... it IS a shimmer though. Have you used others? I do notice a little bit of a volume drop when using any sort of reverb.

ADDED: maybe it's not a VOLUME DROP as such, more that the sound is now in its own little envelope and doesn't cut through the mix as much?
"Vince, have you ever tried playing an expensive bass?" - Polarbear.
"And isn't that the finest acoustic bass guitar feedback solo you've ever heard?" - Billy Moose.

My Bandcamp Page
Facebook

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7688 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Vince wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 2:36 pm
jeremyb wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 2:29 pm The volume drop thing is fairly unique, not something I’ve experienced before!
Hmmm... it IS a shimmer though. Have you used others? I do notice a little bit of a volume drop when using any sort of reverb.

ADDED: maybe it's not a VOLUME DROP as such, more that the sound is now in its own little envelope and doesn't cut through the mix as much?
I’ve owned 3 or 4 shimmer pedals, plus a ton of other reverb pedals, Flint, RV-5, RV-6, Neunaber Wet, Polara, are just a few of them :-)
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1419 times

Post by robthemac »

jeremyb wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 4:36 pm
Vince wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 2:36 pm

I’ve owned 3 or 4 shimmer pedals, plus a ton of other reverb pedals, Flint, RV-5, RV-6, Neunaber Wet, Polara, are just a few of them :-)
Tremolo tends to drop volume, not reverb. I guess cos it's literally dropping the signal for most of the waveform. The Flint can even replicate the volume drop if you're an absolute psychopath.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

Kris
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 386 times

Post by Kris »

on my t2 its a massive boost! part of the nature of ambient verbs with gain i guess

Vince
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Vince »

This sounds interesting though. judging from the comments section, it doesn't seem foolproof.

"And isn't that the finest acoustic bass guitar feedback solo you've ever heard?" - Billy Moose.

My Bandcamp Page
Facebook

Optical
Tokai
Tokai
Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 142 times

Post by Optical »

Possibly it could be modded to change the output volume but you'll need to know what the circuit is first. Gutshot?

Vince
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Vince »

Optical wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:27 am Possibly it could be modded to change the output volume but you'll need to know what the circuit is first. Gutshot?
No idea. No idea at all. And it's not like the documentation is very detailed.

My Bandcamp Page
Facebook