Two new amps and 1 rehoused.

Amp tinkerers and people who aren't afraid of 700 volts or so in here....

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1630 times
Been liked: 1297 times

Re: Two new amps and 1 rehoused.

Post by Jay »

Marshmallow wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:20 am
Jay wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:28 pm Nice work. That custom reverb amp is cool. What schematic you used for that?
Thanks man. I used a deluxe/twin reverb single channel/ Princeton, no trem. Single tube reverb, Mid boost knob, MV, presence(era), 6v6 gz34 rectifier and choke. With the mid boost, sounds like a tweed, break up at higher volume is awesome. Nothing special, just wanted a pedal platform/fender tone amp.

Have the hand written schem (though modded slightly) and the chassis layout.
Mind sharing it?
I use Digikey online software to create the circuits. Works well and it allows for maintaining a BoM as well.
When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.

Marshmallow
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 188 times
Been liked: 900 times

Post by Marshmallow »

Jay wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:32 pm
Marshmallow wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:20 am
Jay wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:28 pm Nice work. That custom reverb amp is cool. What schematic you used for that?
Thanks man. I used a deluxe/twin reverb single channel/ Princeton, no trem. Single tube reverb, Mid boost knob, MV, presence(era), 6v6 gz34 rectifier and choke. With the mid boost, sounds like a tweed, break up at higher volume is awesome. Nothing special, just wanted a pedal platform/fender tone amp.

Have the hand written schem (though modded slightly) and the chassis layout.
Mind sharing it?
I use Digikey online software to create the circuits. Works well and it allows for maintaining a BoM as well.
Here you go. Refer to Robinette for the mods you like. This is the basic schematic, I made a few changes to the sound after building the amp but the amp should work as per schematic. E.g. change the MV to type 2 or 3 etc. Reverb is quite strong.

It's the usual routine to understand the amp better haha 🤣

Marshmallow
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Marshmallow »

Parts arrived after weeks of waiting. :lol: I was able to complete the amp last night. Grille, Piping, Corners look good. However, I ordered more parts to further modify the amp. I'll be integrating the "bright" "Mid Boost" "Deep" from the D-amp into the fender amp to add more tonal versatility however the fender circuit will not change. Currently enjoying this amp a lot. I'll also be adding a tone switch for the reverb and maybe changing the reverb range.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1419 times

Post by robthemac »

Marshmallow wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:26 pm Parts arrived after weeks of waiting. :lol: I was able to complete the amp last night. Grille, Piping, Corners look good. However, I ordered more parts to further modify the amp. I'll be integrating the "bright" "Mid Boost" "Deep" from the D-amp into the fender amp to add more tonal versatility however the fender circuit will not change. Currently enjoying this amp a lot. I'll also be adding a tone switch for the reverb and maybe changing the reverb range.

Looking sexy, as always.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

Marshmallow
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Marshmallow »

robthemac wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:42 pm Looking sexy, as always.
Thanks man! Still have the 2w :)

So the Green ODS sold through a shop in Japan 2 weeks ago and have started making another ODS. The green sold quicker than expected considering I was selling it for more than the usual ($4200nzd through a shop) :crazy: . I've been improving the ODS circuit as well as the CRS type as well. This time I'm making the ODS in black. I'll probably keep this unless something comes up. I keep one type of each amp at home for my own use. Prices of the transformers are also recently increasing so it'll be longer for me to build new amps. I do have however, drawn up schematic of a simple 15w plexi and fender. Will try to build it in a few months.

Marshmallow
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Marshmallow »

Current line up and half in the storage. All the cabinets need a good clean due to the remaining residue. It was a pain to tolex the cabinet on the floor. Will clean the cabinets and prepare to do a quick photoshoot.