Alright...who took my pans ?! (Pans not pants JB)

Amp tinkerers and people who aren't afraid of 700 volts or so in here....

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

StrummersOfThunder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 808 times
Been liked: 1298 times

Alright...who took my pans ?! (Pans not pants JB)

Post by StrummersOfThunder »

So I finally have a free day to try and assemble the delightful deluxe reverb the Mr Mike C has kindly built me but low and behold, the box of four accutronics pans that I ordered for my reverb tanks has just flippn vanished.

Perfect !

I've literally turned the house upside down twice. Every conceivable other piece of guitar amp paraphernalia is here.

I wonder if anyone has a 4ab31cb that they aren't attached to?

StrummersOfThunder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Re: Alright...who took my pans ?! (Pans not pants JB)

Photos later. But I performed an astounding and extremely unlikely parts box miracle this morning....

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 351 times
Been liked: 661 times

Post by Danger Mouse »

StrummersOfThunder wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:18 am Photos later. But I performed an astounding and extremely unlikely parts box miracle this morning....
Did you do a me and put the box somewhere specific so you won't lose it, then forget where you put and then when you finally find it think "why the feck did I think that was a good place to put that???".
The older I get, the more disappointed in myself I become.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7692 times
Been liked: 4159 times

Post by jeremyb »

Danger Mouse wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:25 am
StrummersOfThunder wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:18 am Photos later. But I performed an astounding and extremely unlikely parts box miracle this morning....
Did you do a me and put the box somewhere specific so you won't lose it, then forget where you put and then when you finally find it think "why the feck did I think that was a good place to put that???".
:lol: I was searching everywhere for where I had stashed my spare tubes, turned out to be in the box for my drum machine... WTF was I thinking???
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

StrummersOfThunder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Danger Mouse wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:25 am
Oh I'm sure it's stashed somewhere completely fucked.

No what I did was drill out the rivets from the transducer mount in an old unused pan and extract the tiny little transducer from it's magnet. Then I did the same to the desired but fucked pan and did a transplant. Used a little metal screw and nut to hold it together and away she went. I looked up the impedences for both pans and they matched close enough so I figured theyd be compatible