Self built and self assembly ;)

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Mike_Hosking
Ashton
Ashton
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Re: How about self repaired?

Post by Mike_Hosking »

i meet this american dude in palmy wen i was at coarse, was with me on the first aid thing, and he thort since i was doing a joinery coarse he'd ask me about his stuffed acoustic, the bridge was pulling off the body, guy at rockshop "repaired" it and made it worse!!! he then asked if i had any ideas how to fix it, which i did but from memory it was quite a flash acoustic and it wasnt mine so i wasnt touching it under the fact of making it worse than it already was haha he was heading to auckland, told him to get hold of ash. 8) he da man for the job :lol:

anyone repaired acoustics? body wise?
success is fleeting, but artistry lasts forever.

adrian0476
Ashton
Ashton

Post by adrian0476 »

Ah ha! I know who you are. Your nailpolish collection is still put to good use occasionally. Although the job is a different kind of monster these days.
After I'd passed the torch onto Graeme it got passed on to some dutch guy (forget his name). Cracked up when I heard another Adrian took up the position after that. Heard a rumour that a certain female member of this forum got involved at some stage as well.

By the way, which nailpolish collection? The one I left "you know where" or the one I keep in a shoebox under my bed for recreational purposes.
Not a fan

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by ash »

adrian0476 wrote: After I'd passed the torch onto Graeme it got passed on to some dutch guy (forget his name). Cracked up when I heard another Adrian took up the position after that. Heard a rumour that a certain female member of this forum got involved at some stage as well.

By the way, which nailpolish collection? The one I left "you know where" or the one I keep in a shoebox under my bed for recreational purposes.
Oh, I didn't realise Graeme had been in there too. I though it was you, then Henry the Dutchie. He had a vision from the heavens that told him to go to England. So he did. and yes, Kristie had a stint too. Now there's another chap learning the ropes. When I started I got alot of phone calls from people thinking I was you. :lol:

And don't pretend you don't know which nail polish! :shock: :mrgreen:
http://ashcustomworks.com for custom built electric guitars hand made in new zealand

crushing day
The Mystical Potato Head

Post by crushing day »

Visionless_Guitarist wrote:i meet this american dude in palmy wen i was at coarse
must have been rough.....
what we've got here is failure to communicate... some men you just can't reach

adrian0476
Ashton
Ashton

Post by adrian0476 »

When I started I got a lot of phone calls from people thinking I was you.
It gets worse. My surname is Ashdown. When ads started appearing in various music publications for Ash Customworks run by a guy called Adrian there were a few muso friends who thought I'd gone into business as a full time luthier.

I would rather drink soup made from a sumo wrestlers nappy than repair guitars full time again. I'm sure some of the people I did repairs for would probably cheer at this notion.
Not a fan