Telecaster Kit Set - Who is bringing these in?

Self built and self assembly ;)

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

DarcyPerry
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Post by DarcyPerry »

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Music-instrume ... 424457.htm

:?:
"It's all a gift... and I have to keep giving it back, or it goes away. If I start believing that it's all my doing, it's gonna be my undoing." - Stevie Ray Vaughan
http://www.darcyperry.co.nz

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2269 times
Been liked: 3917 times

Re: Telecaster Kit Set - Who is bringing these in?

Post by Bg »

So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

DarcyPerry
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by DarcyPerry »

sharpermusic.com wrote:Welcome to Sharper Music. Please take some time to browse through our product range. You will find that we have excellent prices on some well known brands and excellent prices on our own range of products that you will not find anywhere else.
So, they're the Harper guitar guys... no mention of these kit sets on the website though? :|
"It's all a gift... and I have to keep giving it back, or it goes away. If I start believing that it's all my doing, it's gonna be my undoing." - Stevie Ray Vaughan

rocklander
no offense, but I'm not a guitarist

Post by rocklander »

DarcyPerry wrote:
sharpermusic.com wrote:Welcome to Sharper Music. Please take some time to browse through our product range. You will find that we have excellent prices on some well known brands and excellent prices on our own range of products that you will not find anywhere else.
So, they're the Harper guitar guys... no mention of these kit sets on the website though? :|
seems not, but the DO have belcat amplifiers - woohoo! :o
http://www.sharpermusic.com/digicart/fu ... EN=6753681
:|
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by ash »

Now you get a chance to buy the same old trash and put your own crappy finish and setup on it !! :|

At least you get to see that what they call ash looks almost exactly like what they call alder. And it burns even better with the dregs of polyester sealer on it. :oops:

Sorry about the overt cynicism... I can just see all this crap ending up back on TM in six months time as *WOWRARECUSTOMHANDMADE39"QUITAR* :lol:
http://ashcustomworks.com for custom built electric guitars hand made in new zealand

Ears
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Ears »

ash wrote:Now you get a chance to buy the same old trash and put your own crappy finish and setup on it !! :|

At least you get to see that what they call ash looks almost exactly like what they call alder. And it burns even better with the dregs of polyester sealer on it. :oops:

Sorry about the overt cynicism... I can just see all this crap ending up back on TM in six months time as *WOWRARECUSTOMHANDMADE39"QUITAR* :lol:
I feel for you :( It's hard to keep standards up when 95% of public shop on price alone. Same in teaching, sometimes it seems like every Joe who can strum chords thinks he can teach the instrument.
"The piano is a monster that screams when you touch its teeth". - Andres Segovia

crushing day
The Mystical Potato Head

Post by crushing day »

Kits like these have their place, and i think they are a good idea for experimentation and hobby assembly, but as always.. you get what you pay for. The price alone should be a great indication that you aren't going to be building the guitar of your dreams.

I've toyed with the idea of stocking this sort of product, but in the end i think they are more hassle than they are worth,
especially when you will be dealing with a lot of questions about 'why doesn't this fit properly' .. 'how do i do this' .. 'i've cocked it up so can i get my money back?' .... etc etc etc.
Last edited by crushing day on Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
what we've got here is failure to communicate... some men you just can't reach

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7770 times
Been liked: 4203 times

Post by jeremyb »

It'd be a fun project for someone who wants to 'make' a guitar without woodworking skills.
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

DarcyPerry
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by DarcyPerry »

crushing day wrote:I've toyed with the idea of stocking this sort of product, but in the end i think they are more hassle than they are worth.... etc etc etc.
I agree with you. Plus if you lowered yourself to this level it would impact on your brand recognition. I've heard nothing but praise for Realtone and guitarparts.co.nz - indeed, I've sung your praises myself! :D

After asking a few questions on trademe I can see another imported junk DIY trend developing/resurfacing. As Ash implied, you get what you pay for. :|

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 5 times

Post by ash »

crushing day wrote:
I've toyed with the idea of stocking this sort of product, but in the end i think they are more hassle than they are worth,
especially when you will be dealing with a lot of questions about 'why doesn't this fit properly' .. 'how do i do this' .. 'i've cocked it up so can i get my money back?' .... etc etc etc.
I've taken the BYO kit page off my website for those very reasons. You can see the other reasons on these auctions: "Oooh, can I have one with one HB, 2 SCs and a P90?" "Ooooh, how about a LP body, tele neck version with a Floyd and six humbuckers!" You offer four variants and they always want a different one.
No amount of detailed instructions are ever enough. It ends up being easier having them come to the workshop while you do it for them.
http://ashcustomworks.com for custom built electric guitars hand made in new zealand