Basket Case
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 108 times

Song: Urges Bled

Post by Basket Case »

This is a song I've posted on here before, featuring Badmotor on lead vocals. I was never happy with the bridge and I've always found mixing it problematic. I think the bridge I've come up with and the mix is better, but after all this time it's hard to be objective.

Constructive feedback appreciated :D

alf
Ashton
Ashton

Re: Song: Urges Bled

Post by alf »

I really liked that!

Constructive feedback? For me there's something about the drums that doesn't quite sit right, but I can't define what it is (I'm crap at this sort of thing), but overall it was an enjoyable listen. Thanks

Basket Case
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Basket Case »

Hmm, maybe they're a bit loud then.

TBB Flamey
Gibson

Post by TBB Flamey »

Really well done, I just can't help but think that the singer could push himself just that teeny bit more. Get some more raw emotion in there.

But other then that, sounded great :)
Live love leave eat sandwiches

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

TBB Flamey wrote:Really well done, I just can't help but think that the singer could push himself just that teeny bit more. Get some more raw emotion in there.
this was my first impression as well....after the bridge. The first part after that seems lacking then after the stop bit he hits it about right so maybe that same style it the section before as well.

But either way its awesome :thumbup: :clap:
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

Hot_Grits
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Hot_Grits »

liked it last time I heard it. Like it now. Especially like the chorus.
jeremyb wrote: Is it true about the bum sex before marriage thing being ok?

Basket Case
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Basket Case »

Thanks guys :thumbup:

badmotor
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by badmotor »

I must say.

It's perplexing to be a little bit of a perfectionist and hear my 3rd or 4th take demo vocal from (3 or 4 years?) ago still popping up to be critiqued. I always intended to come back to it and do a more polished version. Also, the music has changed and the bridge is completely different so what I sang in there doesn't even work anymore. I thought the original music was good, it just needed tightening up and to be mixed better.
Hot_Grits wrote:Someone should print this thread out and hang it in an art gallery.

Basket Case
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Basket Case »

I should have made it clearer that I was asking for feedback on the music and the mixing, rather than Badmotor's vocals; which I happen to think are excellent, especially given the speed with which he wrote the lyrics and recorded his vocals- quite amazing actually.

rob_on_guitar
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 8 times

Post by rob_on_guitar »

I think the song itself is excellent, really like the vocals a lot!!
The music is killer, playing is awesome, the only things I could pick up were maybe the mix of the bridge is a bit different to the rest of the track, like the drums are coming through really clear and the guitar, but doesnt sound as full as the rest of the track... like maybe the guitars need doubling or bring the bass more in the mix??
The vocal mix is nice, really enjoyed the melodies and harmonies, the chorus is eargasm. 8)

TBB Flamey
Gibson

Post by TBB Flamey »

badmotor wrote:I must say.

It's perplexing to be a little bit of a perfectionist and hear my 3rd or 4th take demo vocal from (3 or 4 years?) ago still popping up to be critiqued. I always intended to come back to it and do a more polished version. Also, the music has changed and the bridge is completely different so what I sang in there doesn't even work anymore. I thought the original music was good, it just needed tightening up and to be mixed better.
Hey don't take it to heart brother! Just being honest, all I had to gauge was this track right here.

But with that in mind, you should totally do a final take for good measure. It's a great song and I think it deserves the effort. :D
Live love leave eat sandwiches

badmotor
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by badmotor »

TBB Flamey wrote: Hey don't take it to heart brother! Just being honest, all I had to gauge was this track right here.

But with that in mind, you should totally do a final take for good measure. It's a great song and I think it deserves the effort. :D
Oh yeah, na - all good. And I agree, although it's all up to BC of course as it is his baby.
Hot_Grits wrote:Someone should print this thread out and hang it in an art gallery.