Members sound files, tone clips, videos, media

Moderator: Capt. Black

andrew_k
Stagg
Stagg
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Posted a clip on YouTube

Post by andrew_k »

I have been thinking about posting a clip on YouTube for ages, and finally got around to it today (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLXPZqmojjQ). However I have to say I found the whole process of recording my playing completely and utterly nerve-wracking. I really need to come up with strategies to get myself to relax. The clip wasn't my first attempt, however the timing is still all over the place (ironic considering what I market) and nothing is anywhere near as fluid as it is when I know no one is watching. Any tips hugely appreciated.

Lyle
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 255 times

Re: Posted a clip on YouTube

Post by Lyle »

Nice playing! I think becoming more relaxed while recording is just something that happens over time.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1032 times
Been liked: 2523 times

Post by Slowy »

andrew_k wrote:I have been thinking about posting a clip on YouTube for ages, and finally got around to it today (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLXPZqmojjQ). However I have to say I found the whole process of recording my playing completely and utterly nerve-wracking. I really need to come up with strategies to get myself to relax. The clip wasn't my first attempt, however the timing is still all over the place (ironic considering what I market) and nothing is anywhere near as fluid as it is when I know no one is watching. Any tips hugely appreciated.
Aw FFS, it would take me 10 minutes to play that many notes! :oops:

Your fingering looks impressive; very precise and economical.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 424 times

Post by slash-ed »

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID
Just a small town girl living in a lonely world

andrew_k
Stagg
Stagg

Post by andrew_k »

Lyle wrote:Nice playing! I think becoming more relaxed while recording is just something that happens over time.
Cheers Lyle. I was hoping that if I just keep doing this it may get easier. Have you found this to be the case? Today my stomach was in a knot, with my fingers acting like retards on a lead diet.

andrew_k
Stagg
Stagg

Post by andrew_k »

slowfingers wrote:Your fingering looks impressive; very precise and economical.
Thanks slowfingers. I've worked fairly hard on the fingering. Now it's my head that needs work...

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7928 times
Been liked: 4268 times

Post by jeremyb »

andrew_k wrote:I've worked fairly hard on the fingering. Now it's my head that needs work...
Oh sweet jebus! :lol:
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Ironbird13
"Resident Cyborg" or something

Post by Ironbird13 »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Hurdy Gurdy.... some how... and I'm not entirely certain how mind you, an instrument that sounds like someone has shoved a nest of angry hornets into a goose with a kazoo bill and is randomly slapping the poor creature with an accordion.... Sounds amazing.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1032 times
Been liked: 2523 times

Post by Slowy »

jeremyb wrote:
andrew_k wrote:I've worked fairly hard on the fingering. Now it's my head that needs work...
Oh sweet jebus! :lol:
Knob.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.