Moderator: Capt. Black

TmcB
I may have a problem
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 675 times
Been liked: 574 times

Post rock demo thing

Post by TmcB »

Here's a wee demo of what my band is currently up to. Bass player mixed this (you can tell, loads o' bass).
We'd pretty much juuuust managed to get all the way through the song for the first time so has a bit of rust but wouldn't mind hearing some thoughts.

Certainly has a tip of the hat at the end to a certain band coming out with a new album on Oct 17
GrantB wrote:Tony, your taste is, as always, very refined. Or as HG would say, "bloody awful".
Family Music Store - http://familymusic.co.nz

Pastasauce
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 30 times

Re: Post rock demo thing

Post by Pastasauce »

Nice, Tony. I especially liked the middle third. End was cool too. First third has a twisted James Bond vibe which was cool too. You're right, though: WAY too much bass (at the beginning). It evened out eventually though. I liked it.

fuzziebro
Tokai
Tokai
Been liked: 1 time

Post by fuzziebro »

Yea! woke up this morning had a listen...epic stuff...got a vision of a dusty road and a big ol muscle car running down it...some crdits rolling, maybe David Lynch...
Like it esp when it builds after 5.30mins on... guitar work restrained (thats a compliment btw) shows taste...

TmcB
I may have a problem

Post rock demo thing

Post by TmcB »

Thanks for the kind words, gents.
GrantB wrote:Tony, your taste is, as always, very refined. Or as HG would say, "bloody awful".

StrummersOfThunder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 838 times
Been liked: 1357 times

Post by StrummersOfThunder »

I like it. Nice dynamics. Guitar sounds rich and present. Nice work.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7840 times
Been liked: 4229 times

Post by jeremyb »

The intro I don't feel fits with the rest of it, but I love it from the just after the U2 bit (sorry, just reminded me of the edge!!) at the start of the second section, nice wind up into the end \m/
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

TmcB
I may have a problem

Post by TmcB »

jeremyb wrote:The intro I don't feel fits with the rest of it, but I love it from the just after the U2 bit (sorry, just reminded me of the edge!!) at the start of the second section, nice wind up into the end \m/
Yeah, you know I think you're on the money here, and I agree. I told the lads we should just drop that first bit because I felt the rest of it feels waaay more cohesive. The first bit was written a year ago and you can tell.

Good feedback, I appreciate it.

sopachrga
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by sopachrga »

Agree with that. The first section does nothing for the song.
As stated, bass way too loud, drowns everything out. Makes it sound like your drummer is tapping the drums with his finger tips haha.

Also, because of that, the delay repeats and ambience of the guitar is all hidden too.

Last half is really cool, would love to hear it remixed.
Ummm....