Moderator: Capt. Black

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 424 times

Now vs Then - do you see progress?

Post by slash-ed »

This isn't so much about guitar playing specifically, but any skill in and around you as a musician that you've honed and improved on over the years.

I put together a video for my new band recently:

And I realised that I had a very direct comparison of my video editing abilities from when I did my last band's promo video about 5 years ago:

Watching these two side by side, I have to say that I'm very happy with how far I've come with video editing, production and recording. It's a little something to feel good about on a Friday!

Have you had a similar experience? Could be guitar playing, could be making videos, could be how much tidier you are at putting your pedalboard together.

Share your before and after/now vs then below :thumbup:
Just a small town girl living in a lonely world

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7692 times
Been liked: 4159 times

Re: Now vs Then - do you see progress?

Post by jeremyb »

Thats killer Ed, your vocals are so great!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

werdna
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 590 times
Been liked: 458 times

Post by werdna »

I can't get over how Ed looks in that red dress with long brown hair.
In life, don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7692 times
Been liked: 4159 times

Post by jeremyb »

werdna wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:40 am I can't get over how Ed looks in that red dress with long brown hair.
In person he's even hotter!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Lyle
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 255 times

Post by Lyle »

slash-ed wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:06 am This isn't so much about guitar playing specifically, but any skill in and around you as a musician that you've honed and improved on over the years.
I found the opposite!

I was sorting through some old files on my pc and found some recordings I did working on my vibrato. I was surprised at how good it was, definitely better than my current vibrato.

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore

Post by slash-ed »

werdna wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:40 am I can't get over how Ed looks in that red dress with long brown hair.
:rofl: Yeah in that respect things seem to have gone backwards

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore

Post by slash-ed »

jeremyb wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:45 am Thats killer Ed, your vocals are so great!
Thanks JB! I've never been the sole singer in a band before so this is yet another new musical challenge I've set for myself. Fingers crossed that goes well, haha

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore

Post by slash-ed »

Lyle wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:46 pm
slash-ed wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:06 am This isn't so much about guitar playing specifically, but any skill in and around you as a musician that you've honed and improved on over the years.
I found the opposite!

I was sorting through some old files on my pc and found some recordings I did working on my vibrato. I was surprised at how good it was, definitely better than my current vibrato.
Oh dang! What do you think changed?

Lyle
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 255 times

Post by Lyle »

slash-ed wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:42 pm
Lyle wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:46 pm
I found the opposite!

Oh dang! What do you think changed?
Just a lack of concentrating on that aspect of my playing, I don't think it would take long to get back I've just been focusing on other things.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 634 times
Been liked: 804 times

Post by hamo »

I'm going backwards in every way
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2466 times

Post by Slowy »

I put together a video for my new band recently:

And I realised that I had a very direct comparison of my video editing abilities from when I did my last band's promo video about 5 years ago:

Watching these two side by side, I have to say that I'm very happy with how far I've come with video editing, production and recording. It's a little something to feel good about on a Friday!

Have you had a similar experience? Could be guitar playing, could be making videos, could be how much tidier you are at putting your pedalboard together.

Share your before and after/now vs then below :thumbup:
Definitely a growth curve there, Ed. And I had no idea you were such an excellent vocalist! It wasn't apparent on 6 String Samurai. :thumbup:
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.