Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2466 times

Re: Much Eastman love....

Post by Slowy »

jeremyb wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:03 pm
Slowy wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:56 pm One thing I will say for the 335ish shape, it makes one appreciate how organically comfortable a Strat can be.
Now you’ve got a 335 I’m looking forward to you getting an Ibanez superstrat with shark fin inlays and reverse headstock!
I can't keep up with those.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

H671
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 264 times

Post by H671 »

Slowy wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:31 pm
H671 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:50 pm
Slowy wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:23 pm

Yeah, it's way too blingy for my taste; I'm still not completely used to it. The knobs are purely functional but they work well. I can't imagine how I'd play without them. But I'm loving the sounds I get now. I'll try this with the Band tomorrow; if it works, all my Fenderish children may be taking an extended holiday.
Hmm!
That guitar would look great next to my Hagstrom Viking Bass.
Sorry, I don't need a bass.
But thanks! :D
no no no!
I meant sitting in my house :lol:
Epiphone Riviera P93 & EJ200CE, Hagstrom Viking Bass, Doubleneck bass/guitar.
Rivera Clubster 45, Carvin AG100D, Ashton BSK158.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

Used the VHT with the Band last night. It'll do nicely.
The problem was one of dynamics. I fingerpick everything and need both clean and breakup at my fingertips. The VHT gives me that sweet spot at exactly the band's volume. So I can get on with playing what I feel and hearing what I expect. It's most liberating!

I'm also getting to grips with the much bigger sound Humbuckers deliver. Rather than push the guitar and myself to get enough mass, I'm now backing off for background parts and digging a bit deeper when prominence is required. It's all feeling quite natural and last night, the Band sounded really good. The hard work is paying dividends!
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1630 times
Been liked: 1297 times

Post by Jay »

Slowy wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:29 am Used the VHT with the Band last night. It'll do nicely.
The problem was one of dynamics. I fingerpick everything and need both clean and breakup at my fingertips. The VHT gives me that sweet spot at exactly the band's volume. So I can get on with playing what I feel and hearing what I expect. It's most liberating!

I'm also getting to grips with the much bigger sound Humbuckers deliver. Rather than push the guitar and myself to get enough mass, I'm now backing off for background parts and digging a bit deeper when prominence is required. It's all feeling quite natural and last night, the Band sounded really good. The hard work is paying dividends!
So the 'presence ' issue is solved then?
When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

Jay wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:39 am
Slowy wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:29 am Used the VHT with the Band last night. It'll do nicely.

Yes. It's still a touch bright for Telecasters but with Humbuckers that converts to clarity.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1419 times

Post by robthemac »

Slowy wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:01 am

Yes. It's still a touch bright for Telecasters but with Humbuckers that converts to clarity.
That VHT certainly cuts through a mix.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

robthemac wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:06 am
Slowy wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:01 am

That VHT certainly cuts through a mix.
It's much better behaved after Jay's tender ministrations.

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3476 times
Been liked: 1083 times

Post by codedog »

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

codedog wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:30 pm Big Eastman sale at Musicworks. https://www.musicworks.co.nz/eastman-guitar-sale/
They claim to be clearing out for new stock.

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by codedog »

Slowy wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:59 pm
codedog wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:30 pm Big Eastman sale at Musicworks. https://www.musicworks.co.nz/eastman-guitar-sale/
They claim to be clearing out for new stock.
I would love the black custom one. That's a sizable discount but, alas, still beyond my budget at the moment.

olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 860 times
Been liked: 741 times

Post by olegmcnoleg »

I've been wanting one of their 4-series guitars for a while now, but you and Slowy are hogging them ;-)

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by codedog »

olegmcnoleg wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:11 am
I've been wanting one of their 4-series guitars for a while now, but you and Slowy are hogging them ;-)
Here's your chance! Those are great prices. :thumbup:

olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 860 times
Been liked: 741 times

Post by olegmcnoleg »

codedog wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:21 am

:grump: I have not been this broke for a long time.

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by codedog »

olegmcnoleg wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:34 am
codedog wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:21 am

:grump: I have not been this broke for a long time.
I know exactly what you mean. I managed to squeeze an SB56 into the budget last time they had a sale. This time, no chance, even though it's a much much better sale!

quyet
Gibson
Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 167 times

Post by quyet »

What do you guys think of the truetone finish? It seems like they switched from nitro a few years ago but retailers are slow to update and still advertise it as nitro. Seems like thin poly to me.