Pignose Amp

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

sopachrga
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 59 times

Pignose Amp

Post by sopachrga »

Hi all

I've really wanted a Pignose amp for a while now, and saw at Farmers before that they are selling them along with some obscure branded guitar for $299.

Is there a place in NZ that I can buy just the Pignose for much cheaper than that?

If so where and how much are they?
Ummm....

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2279 times
Been liked: 4013 times

Post by Bg »

yeah they're great little amps - dbm used to be distributor, don't know who has the rights now.

Those packs were on 20% special last time I was in Farmers, might be worth buying the pack and flicking the guitar off on Trademe.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Jenesis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Jenesis »

Hmmm, and all this time I though Capt. Black was joking about that. :?

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

me too until I saw them.... I don't go to Farmers very often ;)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Optimus_prime
Tokai
Tokai

Post by Optimus_prime »

Capt black doesn't really seem
like the sort of person to joke around

unless he's about to piledrive you into
your mothers table, that's the best time to
make a joke though, before pain
Last edited by Optimus_prime on Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

Post by Tsuken »

I wish my Pignose still worked :( It's probably something simple (dead batteries leaked and sat there for some indeterminate number of years), but it's beyond me. :|
My twitting tweets of twitterness

@ash lol/RT "@ChelseaVPeretti Had fun in the Cinema Tent tonight w @adultswim @robcorddry #bonnaroo #fonz #hottubtimemachineintonationjokes #childrenshospital #mud #pee" //by @Jenesis

Here be bloggins

k1w1
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 117 times
Been liked: 391 times

Post by k1w1 »

dbm still stocks them I think, I bought one 12 months ago. A tweed number for $300. Really neat little amps. I don't need it anymore as I have a Vox DA5 to take away to the beach. The headphone socket was playing up last time I used it but otherwise near new condition. $150 + postage if you want it . Email me if you want photos, and I'll guarantee it works or money back. lfranks@slingshot.co.nz

Optimus_prime
Tokai
Tokai

Post by Optimus_prime »

Dbm was a nice poster

whatever happened to him?

sopachrga
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by sopachrga »

Thanks

I might just buy one of the packs from Farmers to get it then.
I had a poke at one of the LP Style guitars in the pack, and it was oddly good! It had quite low action and the neck was pretty damn straight too. and it was setneck!!

I might hang on to the guitar and use it as a toy. Maybe I can practice my relic-ing skills on it. :lol:
Ummm....

johnny mullet
Squier
Has liked: 76 times
Been liked: 18 times

Post by johnny mullet »

One of my mates bought the LP, Pignose combo for his son and I gave it a test run on Saturday Night. Can't go wrong for the money. We had the pignose plugged through a stereo too though. Ya gets wot ya pays for.

angry_young_poet
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 14 times

Post by angry_young_poet »

they have them in woolworths now too

r4nd0m
Ashton
Ashton

Post by r4nd0m »

Thanks for the heads up.

My son and I had a look at the Strat pack in Woolworths/Foodtown .. :) Balsa wood guitar with an unknown brand amp for $199.

At Farmers, Strat pack $199, LP pack $299 all with Pignose 7-100 amp. We went for the LP Pack. The guitar packs are from PoolSide Studios. I wish Farmers had the SG pack as well. The LP being setneck and plays well is the bargain here.

Now how do I mod it so that the Pig's nose actually glows?

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

Cool :) They're great little practice amps, sounds like you got a bargain, was it in the reddot sale as well? :D

r4nd0m
Ashton
Ashton

Post by r4nd0m »

No it wasn't. It was discounted from their normal retail price of $399 though. Its definate streets ahead of what you get from woolworths and the red shed, and yet more than what Musicworks and Rockshop are offering at that price range. I still can't believe it and still have a smile on my face .. my wife will soon sort that out when she gets back from work though :)

k1w1
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 117 times
Been liked: 391 times

Post by k1w1 »

Nice buy, I second what BG says, they are great little practice/go anywhere amps (and damn loud for a little fella), and if you can get a really cheap little EQ pedal - Dano or Bheringer - you can get a little more clean out of them. Mine doesn't like my high output Dearmond pups it distorts early, but My G&L Tribute is great.

I bought a battery charger and rechargeables and it is way better than normal batteries.