Guitar related software

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Guitar related software

Post by ash »

Now that I have a computer capable of receiving a guitar signal without freaking out, I've been trying a few bits and bobs I have collected from the interweb. The best two things so far have been AP Tuner and Guitar FX Box.

AP Tuner is partucularly good. You plug your guitar, pedal or amp line out into the soundcard (my computer has a front mounted input which makes life easy), spark up the tuner software and use as per normal. Its the fastest, easiest and most responsive tuner I've seen, virtual or otherwise. With most tuners I can do intonation faster and closer by ear usually, but not this one.

Guitar FX Box is a bit like NI Guitar Rig, but much simpler and cheaper... i.e. FREE! It doesn't work as well as it could with the onboard soundcard, but should be wicked once I get the Wavestation installed. Its has about ten effects with much more adjustability than the real stomp boxes and some freaky recording stuff that I haven't worked out yet.

Both of these are freeware (I think!) so your friend Google can help you hunt them down.

What other cool (preferably free) software have you found out in cyberspace? Effects, recording, editing, chord finders, TAB translators, etc?
http://ashcustomworks.com for custom built electric guitars hand made in new zealand

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by Rog »

I've found 'Guitar and Drum Trainer 2' to be cool for learning licks - free/shareware. Just Google.
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...