Spent some time with a 65 Amps London Pro today

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

TmcB
I may have a problem
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 683 times
Been liked: 578 times

Re: Spent some time with a 65 Amps London Pro today

Post by TmcB »

Polar Bear wrote:
TmcB wrote:That new Bruno vox gets really close to fender meets vox
The 18w does, the 32w is pretty bland, albeit an attractive cabinet.
Very good point, 18w is very different and far more pleasing than the 32w.
GrantB wrote:Tony, your taste is, as always, very refined. Or as HG would say, "bloody awful".
Family Music Store - http://familymusic.co.nz

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1395 times
Been liked: 2137 times

Post by GrantB »

I know nothing about these Bruno Voxes... what's the go?
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 702 times

Post by AiRdAd »

slowfingers wrote:Hands over ears... Not Listening! Not Listening! Much fear of 65 Amps..... can't afford.

Danny, 'Edge of Breakup' is my favourite place. Set up the amp so a light strum or pick sounds huge and clean. Play harder and it all breaks up into overdrive. Easier to do by working the output tubes but I find Catalinbread and TC pedals do it really well.

You know you've got it right when you can hit a big, dirty chord then pick a clean arpeggio over it.
Slowey, I got you now, do what you are saying is that you turn everything in full. It all makes sense. :-)
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 418 times
Been liked: 1022 times

Post by bender »

*UNIQUE* wrote:I know nothing about these Bruno Voxes... what's the go?
Yes. Please elaborate.

jimi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 859 times
Been liked: 361 times

Post by jimi »

RuBear wrote:Are there many amps that do a similar job but with fender+vox instead of vox+marshall? 65 or otherwise.
This has got to be all about the power section - the Marshall and Vox share the EL84 power section, whereas your fender sound is more about the 6L6 / 6V6. You'd need to be able to switch between power tubes to get a Vox/Fender in the same box.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 647 times
Been liked: 815 times

Post by hamo »

jimi wrote:
RuBear wrote:Are there many amps that do a similar job but with fender+vox instead of vox+marshall? 65 or otherwise.
This has got to be all about the power section - the Marshall and Vox share the EL84 power section, whereas your fender sound is more about the 6L6 / 6V6. You'd need to be able to switch between power tubes to get a Vox/Fender in the same box.
Isn't there a Mesa that does this?
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

GrantB
ADMIN

Post by GrantB »

Sure is - Blue Angel. And the Eggbeaters too I think. But Simon didn't let me play with it long enough to see what it could do. Others as well. ..
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7927 times
Been liked: 4268 times

Post by jeremyb »

*UNIQUE* wrote:But Simon didn't let me play with it long enough to see what it could do..
Ooooerrrrrrrr! :mrgreen:

I know people seem to deem Fenders as the quintessential clean amp, but whats wrong with a Vox clean? sounds great to my tin ears, also something that bugs me is why people want high wattage clean amps only so the can run pedals into them, why not a lower wattage amp and use the amps distortion? if you need it louder add more speakers??? I know theres a lot of machismo about having a 100W head or whatever, but everyone always moans that they're too loud :lol: </rant>
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2279 times
Been liked: 4012 times

Post by Bg »

jeremyb wrote:
*UNIQUE* wrote:But Simon didn't let me play with it long enough to see what it could do..
Ooooerrrrrrrr! :mrgreen:

I know people seem to deem Fenders as the quintessential clean amp, but whats wrong with a Vox clean? sounds great to my tin ears, also something that bugs me is why people want high wattage clean amps only so the can run pedals into them, why not a lower wattage amp and use the amps distortion? if you need it louder add more speakers??? I know theres a lot of machismo about having a 100W head or whatever, but everyone always moans that they're too loud :lol: </rant>
HD500?
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

GrantB
ADMIN

Post by GrantB »

Jb, did you just respond with a real music oriented post? Omg.

Ironbird13
"Resident Cyborg" or something

Post by Ironbird13 »

jeremyb wrote:also something that bugs me is why people want high wattage clean amps only so the can run pedals into them, why not a lower wattage amp and use the amps distortion? if you need it louder add more speakers??? I know theres a lot of machismo about having a 100W head or whatever, but everyone always moans that they're too loud :lol: </rant>
i do that as its easier to get wanted levels of saturation out of a pedal, and easier to get volume levels even. and the fact that the Gunn only cost me a few hand shandy, where as to get what I want out of just an amp, would probably cost me a few grand. and the Gunn makes such a great pedal platform :thumbup:
Hurdy Gurdy.... some how... and I'm not entirely certain how mind you, an instrument that sounds like someone has shoved a nest of angry hornets into a goose with a kazoo bill and is randomly slapping the poor creature with an accordion.... Sounds amazing.

robnobcorncob
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 122 times
Been liked: 103 times

Post by robnobcorncob »

Killer amp. Do it Ed!