Fender Cybertwin

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

B45-12
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Fender Cybertwin

Post by B45-12 »

Getting to be ancient and, like Rog, a bit weary of carting gear around I was struck by a review of the 2001 Fender Cybertwin modelling amp - basically the reviewer reckoned it was the bees knees for replicating all the old Fender amps plus did a good Marshall imitation to boot. My question to all the membership here is has anyone played around with one and if so in your opinion is it that good?? or any other comments.

Might just track one down if it is.
You can't do THAT on stage!

The Scarecrow
Dial Them Mids IN!
Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 253 times

Re: Fender Cybertwin

Post by The Scarecrow »

B45-12 wrote:Getting to be ancient and, like Rog, a bit weary of carting gear around I was struck by a review of the 2001 Fender Cybertwin modelling amp - basically the reviewer reckoned it was the bees knees for replicating all the old Fender amps plus did a good Marshall imitation to boot. My question to all the membership here is has anyone played around with one and if so in your opinion is it that good?? or any other comments.

Might just track one down if it is.
I had a guy who wanted to trade my Marshall for one of these last year. It was pretty kitted out with options, far too many for me, but it sounded pretty good when modelling the old Fender amps, didn't think much of the "Marshall" sound, but I was playing through a much more thrashed cab back then. Overall, they are pretty variable, would probably suit someone who's in a covers type band for getting a few sound selections. Quite pricey new from memory.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Al ... 895?ref=ts

Trade Me: The_Scarecrow

"Friends don't let friends scoop mids."

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by Rog »

On other sites I visit, posters in general are stuck in old ways and don't rate ANY new gear.

I say try it out...
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...

Sicklehut
Tokai
Tokai

Post by Sicklehut »

And how does it compare with software modelling ? I have seen a few ads in mags for software packages that can model amps along with zillions of effects and so forth. Anyone tried these out before ? Would be funky to just take a laptop to a gig and plug into a PA .. :D
I woke up this morning and said to myself
Self what a great day it is for Rock and Roll ...

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2269 times
Been liked: 3933 times

Post by Bg »

you're probably talking about Guitar Rig which is a software modeller - you need plenty of grunt in your PC to get rid of the lag. You can get a demo version from the Native Instruments site (or I have a 'better' demo if you want). Its a pretty good tool, but it doesn't really compare to a Pod XT. Pretty handy for recording but I'll stick with the red kidney bean :P
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Sicklehut
Tokai
Tokai

Post by Sicklehut »

Thanks ~~ I just had a look at the POD XT website ... seems like an awesome little toy ... and much easier to carry around than a grunty PC :D

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

yeah I swear by mine :) I even play the bass through it live now just to get a bit of reverb and grunt when needed :)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Sicklehut
Tokai
Tokai

Post by Sicklehut »

I think thats what I need .. will be moving away from NZ in a few months .. likely stay in a tiny place where big loud amps are outta the question ...
At the moment I am just running my guitar through a TS9 into a .. would u believe it ... a karaoke unit .. for some low-grade echo ... and into a mini stereo .. because all my gear is packed ...
I am surprised at the sound though .. its actually not tooooo bad 8)

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by Rog »

Playing bass through effects? Heresy!

Righto - you may now officially return your bass player's card.....
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

its mainly for the eq section mate - and I want a bit of growl on some songs too ;)

Hot_Grits
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Hot_Grits »

B45,

I've tried a Cyber Twin.
The fender models were pretty close to the originals, but the amp still had that weird modelling amp feel, sort of as if there was a buffer between you and the amp. The non-fender models left a bit to be desired, too.
jeremyb wrote: Is it true about the bum sex before marriage thing being ok?

B45-12
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by B45-12 »

Ta for that input folks, especially from Hot_Grits. Looks like I will have a look around for one to try out - the crazy thing is for such 2nd hand amps often the stores are better buys nowdays, since on trademe etc they're all 'wowvintagecollectibleraredesirable'. - LOL
You can't do THAT on stage!