5e3 vs Joyo American Sound pedal.

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Reg18
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 317 times
Been liked: 933 times

5e3 vs Joyo American Sound pedal.

Post by Reg18 »

I’ve just bought this Bugera PS1 load box/Attenuator (which is a resistive load I believe) and I’ve noticed a big difference in feel between having a actual speaker as the load compared to just using the Bugera as a load. The feel and the dynamics change, it feels sort of like you have a long cable without a buffer, note attack is soft, top end a bit rolled off etc.
Thought it would be fun to try the Joyo as well to see if it sounded any worse and as you can here recorded it’s not to bad!

All recordings are direct to camera through the Nux IR loader which was on the same settings the whole time.

Do you here much difference?
I think next I’d like to try a reactive load to see if that gets me closer to the real thing.

Last edited by Reg18 on Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

H671
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 265 times

Re: 5e3 vs Joyo American Sound pedal.

Post by H671 »

Don't know if it was because the volume was slightly lower or not, but the Joyo sounded better.
Epiphone Riviera P93 & EJ200CE, Hagstrom Viking Bass, Doubleneck bass/guitar.
Rivera Clubster 45, Carvin AG100D, Ashton BSK158.

Reg18
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 317 times
Been liked: 933 times

Post by Reg18 »

H671 wrote:Don't know if it was because the volume was slightly lower or not, but the Joyo sounded better.
Yeah it’s not bad aye, $35 well spent I’d say!
It’s more even across the spectrum and looking at the sound waves on the files it shows this too. A bit more bass as well I think.
however when I’m playing them all I prefer the amp with a speaker load attached. I like the sound of the IRs just fine but the feel under the fingers is quite different, strangely just having a speaker attached but listening to the IRs not the cabinet was more dynamic and responsive.
I’m not sure on the science behind this and I’m not sure it really sounds any different either?

bobiron
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by bobiron »

Thanks for the comparison, amps sounds way cleaner and clearer to me, but maybe the eq was setup different. The American pedal has long been on my list and is a good one to have as a gig backup and clean practice amp for DI when everyone is sleeping imho. They maybe cheap but I think they are good value for money.
OMM OM MM OMM MM