Stereo amp setup, buying advise needed.

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Reg18
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 928 times

Stereo amp setup, buying advise needed.

Post by Reg18 »

So the church I attend is looking at purchasing 2 pairs of identical amps to run stereo into iso cabs (behind stage)
Sounds like the budget is around 1k a head and they were looking at 4x AC15 heads but I suggested something Fender cleanish might be a better fit for different guitarists running pedal boards into. A more full range pedal platform type amp. They currently have a Yamaha TH100 stereo modeling amp running into
The ISO cabs and a Line 6 Helix going direct but they are wanting to get away from Impulse responses and mic cabs direct again.

Turns out Fender don’t do the Deluxe reverb heads any more, what other options are out there new?

olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 860 times
Been liked: 741 times

Re: Stereo amp setup, buying advise needed.

Post by olegmcnoleg »

BG can turn combos into heads, if you really want to stick with Fender. The AC15HW is a fantastic amp...I think it is the best one they make. That's what I would choose, for stereo.

Reg18
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Reg18 »

olegmcnoleg wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:52 pm BG can turn combos into heads, if you really want to stick with Fender. The AC15HW is a fantastic amp...I think it is the best one they make. That's what I would choose, for stereo.
Yeah I’ve owned most of the hand wired Voxs and agree it’s a great sound, but I’m not sure I’d recommend it as a backline for a bunch of different guitarists with different pedalboards. I had more issues getting overdrive pedals to sound good through Vox amps compared to most Fenders I’ve tried.

Reg18
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Reg18 »

I should specify they already have a couple of 2x12 cabs built into ISO booths so they just want heads as a preference.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1419 times

Post by robthemac »

Victory Duchess?
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

Reg18
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Reg18 »

robthemac wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:04 pm Victory Duchess?
Yeah that looks really good actually, but might be a bit above the budget at 2.8k each. They are hoping to get 4 identical amps (serviceable locally etc).
I know Orange make a stereo combo amp called the Rocker 32 but are there other amps like this out there?

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Reg18 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:11 pm
Yeah that looks really good actually, but might be a bit above the budget at 2.8k each. They are hoping to get 4 identical amps (serviceable locally etc).
I know Orange make a stereo combo amp called the Rocker 32 but are there other amps like this out there?
I have a buddy who has a rocker 32 combo that he blew one of the output transformers on when he was trying it with an external cab... could probably be bought and fixed for a reasonable price! However I think they're still only mono input...

Whattabout a bunch of Marshall Origin heads? 20W head is only $799... be a reasonable clean platform I would imagine :-)
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by robthemac »

jeremyb wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:18 pm
Reg18 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:11 pm
I have a buddy who has a rocker 32 combo that he blew one of the output transformers on when he was trying it with an external cab... could probably be bought and fixed for a reasonable price! However I think they're still only mono input...

Whattabout a bunch of Marshall Origin heads? 20W head is only $799... be a reasonable clean platform I would imagine :-)
Faaaark, I thought they were closer to $1800.

Origin 20 doesn't have heaps of clean headroom, but with four of them you should be sweet.

Blackstar Club 50 will have headroom for days. Not exactly boootek IMHO, but will get the job done. The RS have a used Artisan 100 head for a good price. That is pretty much the loudest thing imaginable.

Blackstar
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by robthemac »

https://soundnations.com/product/victor ... 4-duchess/

Form factor might not be ideal, and SS power section, but these are meant to be awesome regardless.

Reg18
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Reg18 »

robthemac wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:26 pm https://soundnations.com/product/victor ... 4-duchess/

Form factor might not be ideal, and SS power section, but these are meant to be awesome regardless.
Actually those look really good, might do some research on those.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

Forgive me; I thought Worship music was dotted 8ths and Vox?
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by robthemac »

Slowy wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:41 pm Forgive me; I thought Worship music was dotted 8ths and Vox?
With a Tele Deluxe, tight jeans and a perfectly-curated beard.

JHorner
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 394 times
Been liked: 488 times

Post by JHorner »

Mattallica
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 558 times
Been liked: 175 times

Post by Mattallica »

Mattallica
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 558 times
Been liked: 175 times

Post by Mattallica »