Recommend me a practice amp for hard rock and metal

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

bender
Darth Fader
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 415 times
Been liked: 1010 times

Re: Recommend me a practice amp for hard rock and metal

Post by bender »

Update: I snagged a dirt cheap Orange Micro Terror (not the dark one)- hopefully he’ll dig that.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7692 times
Been liked: 4159 times

Post by jeremyb »

bender wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:03 pm Update: I snagged a dirt cheap Orange Micro Terror (not the dark one)- hopefully he’ll dig that.
Excellent! The only difference is a tad more gain and the effects loop, the dark at 3pm is similar to the normal on full (5pm ish???)

Still waiting on my terror stamp to arrive, finally in chch so hopefully tomorrow...
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 415 times
Been liked: 1010 times

Post by bender »

jeremyb wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:00 pm
bender wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:03 pm Update: I snagged a dirt cheap Orange Micro Terror (not the dark one)- hopefully he’ll dig that.
Excellent! The only difference is a tad more gain and the effects loop, the dark at 3pm is similar to the normal on full (5pm ish???)

Still waiting on my terror stamp to arrive, finally in chch so hopefully tomorrow...
The tone circuit is different too. Mainly, I figured that the standard one will hopefully hit the classic rock and grungier stuff that he likes. I’ve also given him my Vox Adio to mess around with.

He splits his time between two houses, so actually has 2 guitars, and 2 amps :lol: