Anyone built a baffle converter?

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

TmcB
I may have a problem
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 657 times
Been liked: 561 times

Anyone built a baffle converter?

Post by TmcB »

BG has done a stunning job on a new baffle for my Princeton that fits a 12” speaker, well enough that I want to make it the primary baffle.

I see you can get converting rings that you can use to convert the baffle to accomodate a smaller speaker size - anyone built or used one?

Or even better have one?
GrantB wrote:Tony, your taste is, as always, very refined. Or as HG would say, "bloody awful".
Family Music Store - http://familymusic.co.nz

foal30
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 608 times
Been liked: 946 times

Re: Anyone built a baffle converter?

Post by foal30 »

It’s got me baffled Toany
Genuine Old Frontier Gibberish

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1018 times
Been liked: 2492 times

Re: Anyone built a baffle converter?

Post by Slowy »

Use a smaller sheet of ply with the right size hole. Install tapered head bolts behind the baffle cloth, facing backwards. Locate these bolts through appropriately positioned holes in the baffle and secure with washers and wingnuts (having first removed the 12" speaker of course).

Or:
Extract speaker plug from its socket. Insert similar plug wired to an extension cab containing the desired speaker.
Play.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.