Which electrical contact cleaner for amp pots?

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

sizzlingbadger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1210 times
Been liked: 1401 times

Re: Which electrical contact cleaner for amp pots?

Post by sizzlingbadger »

Dharmajester wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:14 pm Deoxit do a version called I think fader cleaner. Intended for mixing desk faders etc. I have been informed that other cleaners leave a residue. The fader cleaner doesn't. It is of course ridiculously expensive, as is the postage from the US..
Pot and fader cleaners are supposed to leave a residue, it lubricates and stops further corrosion.

I guess you could use a cleaner without residue than add fader lube afterwards, but why make it more complicated and expensive :winky:
Tube amp and guitar tones straight from 1958… amazing how believable the sounds were back then, even without the modellers...

Dharmajester
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 381 times

Re: Which electrical contact cleaner for amp pots?

Post by Dharmajester »

FuzzMonkey wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:19 pm
Dharmajester wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:14 pm Deoxit do a version called I think fader cleaner. Intended for mixing desk faders etc. I have been informed that other cleaners leave a residue. The fader cleaner doesn't. It is of course ridiculously expensive, as is the postage from the US..
These are based in New Zealand and carry the Deoxit range:

https://www.synergyelectronics.co.nz/st ... l-cleaning

You need to pay the delivery charge for Dangerous Goods if you buy the aerosol cans.
Good to know :thumbup:
“The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench - a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
Hunter S. Thompson