Recommendations for an amp

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Bozie
Stagg
Stagg
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Post by Bozie »

[quote="B45-12"]....... but they, without exception, are ALL sick perverts that covertly strum ovations.
quote]

There you go, another bash at the ovation players.... Oh now I see, you just wish you had one, dont you?

This is just misguided frustration on your part, its ok to play ovation, no one will judge you, and anyone who does most likely has a duck fetish, now thats a problem :P

You may have got something already, but I am agreeing with thehenderson, big fat sounding clean amp and a grunty pedal, all to your own tastes of course.

Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 261 times

Post by Capt. Black »

B45-12 wrote:I reckon a full Marshall 100watt stack (head with 2 bins) - that way you have something to shelter behind when the crowd turn nasty and throw things at you.
Shelter? Bollocks. If a crowd turns nasty you must be doing something right. If it turns out they don't like you, just turn the presence control to full, step out of the way of the speakers and strum like fuck. Any decent Marshall stack will easily hold an angry mob at bay until the big fat biker roadies and secutriy gets there.
Whatever else you get, be sure to get a good bunny sticker on it - those amps tend to serve you faithfully for many years until they suddenly explode in a horrifying ball of flame incinerating all and sundry for 50 or so feet in all directions. Tragic I know but everything has it's downside and with any luck you'll go insane and be comitted well before the fatal day arrives!
Where's the downside? It's ROCK for fucksake! We're in this to be remembered not appreciated. What could be better than a horrifying ball of flame?
Finally a good bit of general advice - Never, ever! give a loaded revolver to a duck no matter how hard it begs, offers to introduce you to it's sister or says it can do you a great deal on a Peavy 30 that 'fell off the back of a truck'. They lie!
Answer me this. What's the difference between a duck?

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by Rog »

The higher the fewer.
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...

B45-12
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by B45-12 »

[quote="Bozie"][quote="B45-12"]....... but they, without exception, are ALL sick perverts that covertly strum ovations.
quote]

There you go, another bash at the ovation players.... Oh now I see, you just wish you had one, dont you?

This is just misguided frustration on your part, its ok to play ovation, no one will judge you, and anyone who does most likely has a duck fetish, now thats a problem :P

1) I had an ovation player years ago; my god she was boring!

2) Duck fetish???? what duck fetish?

3) Bet you fondle PRS's in bed at night, don't you!
You can't do THAT on stage!

B45-12
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by B45-12 »

Capt. Black wrote:
B45-12 wrote:
Shelter? Bollocks. . .. Any decent Marshall stack will easily hold an angry mob at bay until the big fat biker roadies and secutriy gets there.

Where's the downside? It's ROCK for fucksake! We're in this to be remembered not appreciated. What could be better than a horrifying ball of flame?

Answer me this. What's the difference between a duck?
1) If it's the big fat biker/security people that are the ones throwing the things you DO really have problems.

2) You might not have finished your lead break before going prematurely in a ball of flame - 14 hours to get to the penultimate note then boom - tell me that's no weepie!

3) Duck??? The same as the sound of one hand clapping.

Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Capt. Black »

B45-12 wrote:1) If it's the big fat biker/security people that are the ones throwing the things you DO really have problems.
If they're not working for me then they'd better have paid to get in. :)
2) You might not have finished your lead break before going prematurely in a ball of flame - 14 hours to get to the penultimate note then boom - tell me that's no weepie!
They'll still be talking about it, releasing old demos and tenuously linked compilations and putting my name on pedals, amps and cheap signature guitars twenty or more years later. I'd be cool with that.
3) Duck??? The same as the sound of one hand clapping.
That's the right answer but not for this question. Give up? Give a shit? Didn't think so. Tell you anyway.

A: One of it's legs is both the same.

B45-12
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by B45-12 »

Capt. Black wrote:
If they're not working for me then they'd better have paid to get in. :)

They'll still be talking about it, releasing old demos and tenuously linked compilations and putting my name on pedals, amps and cheap signature guitars twenty or more years later. I'd be cool with that.

That's the right answer but not for this question. Give up? Give a shit? Didn't think so. Tell you anyway. A: One of it's legs is both the same.
1) Refer you to the 400lb gorilla living area - 'anywhere it wants' etc.

2) Yeah but what as?? world's biggest rock looser would not be soemthing I'd covet.

3) A l'orange? or mallard?

Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Capt. Black »

B45-12 wrote:1) Refer you to the 400lb gorilla living area - 'anywhere it wants' etc.
Yeah, there's no place like home.
2) Yeah but what as?? world's biggest rock looser would not be soemthing I'd covet.
Liking the b_c_rich ztylez bro.

"...cool with it", "...covet" Are they the same thing?

Hmmm, that's a remarkably stereotypical NZ'er attitude. Better to pop out to the kitchen for a quiet cup of tea (milk, two sugars and an anzac biscuit if there's any left, love) than to go out in a Blaze Of Glory. Those lovely Finn brothers were so much nicer once they started dressing like normal people.

:lol:

But I s'pose you're right, best retire to the bedroom and practice some scales in case there's a free spot to play at the local cafe on Teusday nights. Sometimes they can't find enough poets and mime artists.
3) A l'orange? or mallard?
Albatross fucking flavour!

B45-12
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by B45-12 »

Interesting about the Finn brothers - I thought they were much better in the very first TV appearance with a sort of dark, edgy sound they never seemed to quite catch again.

Psycho clowns or happy pranksters??? - but then fame/fortune cut in and 'adios originality'.

On the other hand I suppose you actually want to sell records and NOT scare the punters shitless despite how much fun that would be (think of Corben Simpson's one and only public rendition of 'Frogs' as detailed in the book Stranded in Paradise).

One last laugh over the cup of tea scenario - many years ago I came home to my shared flat and there were my four flatmates sitting all around with a proper tea set out and cookies on the side (I should have known - they NEVER did that sort of thing) - few giggles as I came in then sudden choruses of 'rule britannia followed by them all rolling over the floor. They got up, linked arms formed a sort of crouching square and marched around the table chanting 'if you go down in the woods today etc' then cracked up again. One then said 'on your knees and I will annoint you' using the milk jug to liberally do so to the giggling three by then kneeling in front of him - he then promptly fell over laughing.

This sort of thing went on for another hour or so but eventually the story came out.

Turns out our local 'supplier' had visited and given them a bonus (good customers!) of some quite strong hash oil which one girl had baked into cookies and then set up the tea party from hell!!

Allways coloured my view of a 'nice cup of tea and bikkies' ever since. lol.

Terexgeek
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1224 times
Been liked: 375 times

Post by Terexgeek »

[quote="Capt. Black]Where's the downside? It's ROCK for fucksake! We're in this to be remembered not appreciated. What could be better than a horrifying ball of flame?
[/quote]

Thank you so very much Captain :D
Tin arse!!

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2279 times
Been liked: 4013 times

Post by Bg »

Capt. Black wrote:Albatross fucking flavour!
Two choc ices please....
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Capt. Black »

B45-12 wrote:Interesting about the Finn brothers - I thought they were much better in the very first TV appearance with a sort of dark, edgy sound they never seemed to quite catch again.

Psycho clowns or happy pranksters??? - but then fame/fortune cut in and 'adios originality'.
That was great. We were in our early teens watching some TV talent show and Phil Warren (RIP) saying the'll never get anywhere. Them or Alistair Riddell, one or the other. maybe both.

That dark edgy sound had a name... Judd. :)
One last laugh over the cup of tea scenario.... our local 'supplier' had visited and given them a bonus (good customers!) of some quite strong hash oil which one girl had baked into cookies and then set up the tea party from hell!!

Allways coloured my view of a 'nice cup of tea and bikkies' ever since. lol.
:lol: :lol:

The good oil. ;)

Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Capt. Black »

Terexgeek wrote:[
At your service my good... my dodgy friend.

Do me a favour and pick up some lighter fluid for Sundays show would you?

Terexgeek
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Terexgeek »

Capt. Black wrote:
Cartier, Ronson, Dupont or Zippo???
Tin arse!!

Terexgeek
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Terexgeek »

Terexgeek wrote:
Capt. Black wrote:
4oz can, box of cans, 4 (US)gallon pail, 55 (US)gallon drum or bulk pallet...
Tin arse!!