Roland amp speakers upgrade.

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 66 times

Roland amp speakers upgrade.

Post by Rog »

My son has a Roland JC55 and the speakers blew some time ago, so he put in a couple of Dick Smith specials. They blew fairly quickly (surprise).

We all know that a speaker upgrade is often the best bang for buck upgrade that we can do, so we looked for a decent set of speakers for it.

I read on a Harmony-Central review of the amp that the best upgrade possible to the amp was a set of Eminence Alpha 8 speakers. We bought a set and he had their first outing yesterday (8 hour practice at playing volume) and put them through their paces.

The poster at HC did him a great favour. These things are brilliant! Much more apparent volume and a shitload more useable tone across the range. It transformed his amp from the normal Roland sound to a nice ballsy sound.

I know Rob sells these and I unhestitatingly recommend them to anyone considering a speaker upgrade.

Rob, any comments?

RobRoyMcCoy
PRS
PRS
Has liked: 194 times
Been liked: 45 times

Post by RobRoyMcCoy »

Hi Rog,

No, other than good on you for changing out the speakers.

I think that for those people looking for more clean headroom or lower volume breakup the selection of speaker based on efficiency is a good way to achieve that.

For instance, if a set of speakers is 3dB more efficient than those replaced the volume difference will be huge and more clean headroom will be obtainable.

Rob
Greenstone Amplifiers