Anybody Know Anything Or Had Any Dealings With These Folks?

Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Sustainz
Squier
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 6 times

Anybody Know Anything Or Had Any Dealings With These Folks?

Post by Sustainz »

Pedalshack http://www.pedalshack.nz

They have something that I want and would like to get it from an NZ rep/business/dealer if possible rather than from across the ditch. I went on the site last night at home, but when I tried to get on there at work the web filter blocked the IP as "unsuitable" with "reputation for viruses." It could be just a pedantic web filter, but I want to avoid anything dodgy. They do payment by Paypal, so that makes me feel a bit better. I'd feel even better if anybody has had good dealings with them. Cheers.
Play what you love. Practice what you must ~ Larry Carlton

Single coil
BANNED
Has liked: 1110 times
Been liked: 485 times

Re: Anybody Know Anything Or Had Any Dealings With These Folks?

Post by Single coil »

Pedantic web filter.
Had a play with it and it's set up quite well. Really easy to spend money.
werdna wrote:Well at least I can still make toast in the bath without anyone telling me it's unsafe.

Doc Murray
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Doc Murray »

Have a look here https://www.facebook.com/pedalshack had no dealings or know them.

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 702 times

Post by AiRdAd »

I know nothing about them. Remember that dodgy online retailer that sets up those professional looking websites, and then rips off people. I can't remember his name. Just make sure it is not him. The other guys here know who he is

Doc Murray
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Doc Murray »

Well the site is not to good on an iPad

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 247 times
Been liked: 966 times

Post by Conway »

Looks like "jayembro" on Trademe is the same guy - Jules from Waihi beach. One of your locals?!
GUITARS ROCK - www.guitarsrock.co.nz
TONE LOUNGE - www.tonelounge.co.nz

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1032 times
Been liked: 2523 times

Post by Slowy »

Pedalshack is an officially appointed New Zealand dealer for all of the manufacturers whose products are featured on our pedal pages.

Earthquaker list Boutique Tone Lounge as their NZ distributor. Malekko Heavy Industries give no indication they have ever heard of these guys. They don't appear on the Companies register in any trackable way.

Need I say more?
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Conway »

I think you've said more than enough! :moresarc:

There can be more than one official dealer in NZ - he doesn't claim to be the exclusive distributor. Earthquaker and Malekko might be slow updating their websites. Also, a sole trader can use a trading name, you don't have to register as a company. And a company can use a trading name that's different to the registered name.

Of course, he still could be dodgy...

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

Conway wrote:I think you've said more than enough! :moresarc:

There can be more than one official dealer in NZ - he doesn't claim to be the exclusive distributor. Earthquaker and Malekko might be slow updating their websites. Also, a sole trader can use a trading name, you don't have to register as a company. And a company can use a trading name that's different to the registered name.

Of course, he still could be dodgy...
All this is true and I would contradict you at my peril. :P
But to have your bold endorsement prove wanting by the first idiot who scrutinises it, speaks either of incompetence or dodgyness; neither qualities likely to prise open my wallet.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Conway »

And even if your wallet is prised open, there's bugger all in there because you've spent everything on thrill ride bikes for the lad!

stuu
PRS McCarty
Has liked: 5 times

Post by stuu »

I don't want to piss on anyone's cornflakes, but there's no way I'd spend money in a site hosted on a free webserver like Wix.

**Edited: That said: the dude also runs this website: http://www.julesbrown.com/
PlukkyBoy wrote:My ability as a guitar player is easily outstripped by my abilities as a guitar buyer

Sustainz
Squier
Has liked: 23 times

Post by Sustainz »

Conway wrote:Looks like "jayembro" on Trademe is the same guy - Jules from Waihi beach. One of your locals?!
Thanks for that bit of detective work. I know Jules; thought this might be his endeavour because I heard through the grapevine a while back that he was trying to do something like this, but I wasn't sure. Checking your info it's definitely Jules. I might just give him a call and find out now that I know it's him. If I do buy from him and it goes tits-up, at least I know where he lives. :twisted: :lol:
slowfingers wrote:Pedalshack is an officially appointed New Zealand dealer for all of the manufacturers whose products are featured on our pedal pages.

Earthquaker list Boutique Tone Lounge as their NZ distributor. Malekko Heavy Industries give no indication they have ever heard of these guys. They don't appear on the Companies register in any trackable way.

Need I say more?
Mad Professor lists Boutique Tone Lounge, also, as their NZ dealer; it's a Mad Prof pedal (Simble) that I'm after. Funny thing, though, when I went to check out their site, they don't list Mad Professor as a brand they carry, so, I sent them an email inquiry. I also sent Mad Prof an email explaining that and asking them about Pedalshack. Mad Prof don't list them as a dealer either, but It just may well be that BTL no longer is the NZ rep and Pedalshack now is.

I'll wait to see how all this pans out, and, if worse comes to worst, I can buy the damn thing from Delxue Guitars in Melbourne which I know is legit.

This would be a done deal already if Ryan or the Rock Shop carried the brand.
Play what you love. Practice what you must ~ Larry Carlton

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

Conway wrote:And even if your wallet is prised open, there's bugger all in there because you've spent everything on thrill ride bikes for the lad!
This is true. :cry:
But I'm still good for the odd pedal! :D

Starfire
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 603 times

Post by Starfire »

slowfingers wrote: This is true. :cry:
Like the Blood Drive? An odd pedal indeed. :D

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Conway »

twangnsnarl wrote:
slowfingers wrote: This is true. :cry:
Like the Blood Drive? An odd pedal indeed. :D
:lol: :clap: Very very odd.