Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 7910 times
Been liked: 4259 times

Re: Pedals Of Epicness

Post by jeremyb »

I have a cheap delay I really like (DemonFX Tape Echo, clone of the Keeley Mag Echo) but its not stereo, and I'm all about the stereo now!

I am thinking of running another clone of the Keeley I have coming with it as a stereo pair as I really want a stereo version of this... probably going to be an always on kinda thing so not too worried about the double up of controls, can't really find anything at a reasonable price that would give me the same toan... first world problems. what would you do?
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 1454 times

Post by robthemac »

jeremyb wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:09 am I have a cheap delay I really like (DemonFX Tape Echo, clone of the Keeley Mag Echo) but its not stereo, and I'm all about the stereo now!

I am thinking of running another clone of the Keeley I have coming with it as a stereo pair as I really want a stereo version of this... probably going to be an always on kinda thing so not too worried about the double up of controls, can't really find anything at a reasonable price that would give me the same toan... first world problems. what would you do?
Parallel delays can be cool, if you tolerate having to line up knobs. They don't behave the same was as true stereo delays, though, as obviously the two delay lines never interact. Strymon DIG was fantastic in being able to switch from parallel to stereo option quickly to hear the difference.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

FuzzMonkey
Gibson
Has liked: 521 times
Been liked: 415 times

Post by FuzzMonkey »

jeremyb wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:54 pm
FuzzMonkey wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:47 pm Sweet! Someone needs to start a guitar gadget related 3D printing thread. JB???
Ahhhh i think I've posted some stuff before, might be in the workbench thread or similar :mental:

I've got a design in my head for a really compact expression pedal I wanna make, with a tap tempo button for my DD-8 as well.
A wah-style expression pedal?
"There's no creativity without vulnerability."

www.fantailaudio.com

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

FuzzMonkey wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:09 pm
jeremyb wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:54 pm
FuzzMonkey wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:47 pm Sweet! Someone needs to start a guitar gadget related 3D printing thread. JB???
Ahhhh i think I've posted some stuff before, might be in the workbench thread or similar :mental:

I've got a design in my head for a really compact expression pedal I wanna make, with a tap tempo button for my DD-8 as well.
A wah-style expression pedal?
More the roller style, super compact, smaller than 1590B kinda size if I can!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

robthemac wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:04 pm
jeremyb wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:09 am I have a cheap delay I really like (DemonFX Tape Echo, clone of the Keeley Mag Echo) but its not stereo, and I'm all about the stereo now!

Parallel delays can be cool, if you tolerate having to line up knobs. They don't behave the same was as true stereo delays, though, as obviously the two delay lines never interact. Strymon DIG was fantastic in being able to switch from parallel to stereo option quickly to hear the difference.
Hmmmm I always assumed most stereo delays were just two separate circuits, so there is some mixing between the sides? I have two more stereo delays after this so I guess some of that will happen with them :mental:

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 1454 times

Post by robthemac »

jeremyb wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:16 pm
robthemac wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:04 pm

Hmmmm I always assumed most stereo delays were just two separate circuits, so there is some mixing between the sides? I have two more stereo delays after this so I guess some of that will happen with them :mental:
Depends how to the signal path works. I remember there being interesting diagrams in the manuals for the Volante and DIG demonstrating different ways of doing it.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

JoeBlow
Gibson
Has liked: 342 times
Been liked: 220 times

Post by JoeBlow »

This reverb sounds amazing in the demos. That usually means nothing until you try it yourself, but... wow:
Screenshot_20240109_173114_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240109_173114_Chrome.jpg (52.15 KiB) Viewed 159752 times
Interesting touch sliders.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Well I've moved my volume pedal off the board so have room for moar pedals now, huzzah, another cable kit coming from Thomann to allow this to all happen as well...

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

JoeBlow wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:34 pm This reverb sounds amazing in the demos. That usually means nothing until you try it yourself, but... wow:

Mmmm saw a demo of that the other day, the sliders are kinda cool but I'd prefer some knobs and it to be cheaper :rofl:

JoeBlow
Gibson
Has liked: 342 times
Been liked: 220 times

Post by JoeBlow »

jeremyb wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:37 pm
JoeBlow wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:34 pm This reverb sounds amazing in the demos. That usually means nothing until you try it yourself, but... wow:

Mmmm saw a demo of that the other day, the sliders are kinda cool but I'd prefer some knobs and it to be cheaper :rofl:
Yeah I was wandering how accurate and precise that would be with getting the settings dialed in. Guess you'd have to try it to know for sure.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Don't look at the prices!!!! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Aroused.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

TmcB
I may have a problem
Has liked: 682 times
Been liked: 577 times

Post by TmcB »

jeremyb wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:09 am
I have one of these on my board - it’s absolutely BRILLIANT!

For those with modellers in their rigs it’s pretty amazing - you can put your whole setup in the loop and send with the XLR out. If the battery runs out, you can just plug in to the unit. You recharge by putting it on the face of the unit OR charge with usb-c. Pedal acts as boost or an excellent tuner. Cable emulation on the receiver, as well a mute. Cable port actually points towards the guitar jack. Cable is just a simple stereo 6.3mm to 3.5mm cable.

Love it.

Also, have one left at the store - sold two out of the three we had in the first week: https://familymusic.co.nz/products/nux- ... 9d12&_ss=r
GrantB wrote:Tony, your taste is, as always, very refined. Or as HG would say, "bloody awful".
Family Music Store - http://familymusic.co.nz

WellyBlues
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 530 times
Been liked: 356 times

Post by WellyBlues »

Has anyone tried the EHX Spruce Goose Overdrive? Supposed to be a Bluesbreaker clone with extra Boost function.
Slowy wrote: Ultimately though, guitars are like women. On paper there's not much difference but only a few can make you happy.
Ray Wylie Hubbard wrote: And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations Well, I have really good days